Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Some exaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some exaust questions

I am planing on putting an exaust on my 2000 chevy blazer 4dr 4x4. I am pretty sure I am going with the Super 40 Series since it gives the rumble sound I am looking for. I have a few questions though:

1. What is the in and out size of my stock system so I can find the right size muffler to buy.

2. Should I just buy the Super 40 Series muffler like on ebay, or should I get all the piping also?

3. I see that some people run 1 single pipe into the muffler and dual out, wont this not create enough back pressue for the engine and make it run different?

Old 11-21-2006, 05:22 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Some exaust questions

1. 2.25" offset inlet/center outlet..........
2. just buy it at the muffler shop, it'll be about the same price......
3. you can't run duals on a 2000 4x4 without lifting it or removing reese hitch and spare tire....duals just aren't in the cards for stock height...

Old 11-23-2006, 04:31 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

I am planing on putting an exaust on my 2000 chevy blazer 4dr 4x4. I am pretty sure I am going with the Super 40 Series since it gives the rumble sound I am looking for. I have a few questions though:

1. What is the in and out size of my stock system so I can find the right size muffler to buy.

2. Should I just buy the Super 40 Series muffler like on ebay, or should I get all the piping also?

3. I see that some people run 1 single pipe into the muffler and dual out, wont this not create enough back pressue for the engine and make it run different?
If you do a cat-back system there is no problem with back pressure since it is the diameter of the exhaust manifold/downpipe/catylitic converter that will determine backpressure in an exhaust system. You should be fine but I would upgrage the piping to a min. of 2.5" mandrel bend or 3" pressure bend pipes. The only real area that will cause a problem with your method is the area of pipe behind the muffler that goes "up-n-over" the rear axle, most of the other piping in front of the muffler and behind the converter can be pressure bends since they are not that drastic.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:57 PM

I took a look at the muffler today and saw that the stock muffler is at least 3 feet long if not more. From the pictures the Flowmaster Super 40 Series is only like a foot and a half. So what do I have to do to take up the space that will be missing?

Old 11-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just get a piece of exhaust tubing when you buy your muffler. Get atleast a 2' piece and cut to fit once you have the stock muffler out.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 PM

Should I get adaptors and stuff since the same size tubing wont just slide together.