Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What kid of exaust to get??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 PM
offroadin00blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What kid of exaust to get??

need help picking out what exaust to get for my 2000 blazer im getting one next week and i want to make sure i get the lodest most badass thing out there any suggestions??

Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What kid of exaust to get??

are we talking full custom job or cat back? Here's what I just had done to my truck;

2.25' stainless (expensive option--galvanized is sufficient) y pipe
2.5" stainless y-pipe-muffler with a stainless high flow cat
dynomax turboflow single in/out muffler
stock tail section for now but as soon as i get some coin im going up to 3' stainless

definetly free's up some power (especially since my precat-cat pipe was kinked)

I believe I have pics of it in my album--take a look![8D]

Old 09-14-2006, 11:40 PM

nice pics bro. How much does something like that run. cause i was going to go custom but then i went to midas and asked them how much for a custom exahust and he told me that for my car i would be better off with a flowmaster, so im going to go back and ask him for what you got. thanks man

Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Flow masters sound alright but lets face it 90% of the people with a 4.3 and an exhaust have them. I'm always trying to step out side the boundries and make my truck different but it all personal preferance. I like mine because it sounds pretty decent and you can hear it through the whole town pretty much, people know I'm coming. No one elses sounds like mine and its pretty obvious who's making that racket. I mean honest to god the thing is damn loud. Louder and deeper than a straight pipe for sure. If you're looking for loud as hell don't bother with a muffler.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 PM

well thats what im lookinf for out of the box loud loud !!!!! what kind of set up do you have?

Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want lound then go with my setup and just ditch the muffler all together lol---i played with a test pipe when i first got it (just a pipe that goes in where the muffler would be) and it sounded awesome--but it was just too loud for me--600km+ road trips are farily frequent for me[8D]

Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a reciprocating saw cut the muffler off got 2 adapters and 5 clamps and 24" of 2.5" pipe cut it up and clamped it in. The resonator is an SLP loud mouth resonator. If your really interested in it I might be able to get one for you. Me and my buddy with a blazer bought a set for a mustang and he got one I got the other. He thought it was too loud so put on a magnaflow.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

since we're speaking of exhausts, i have a question. If I were to keep all the piping and just put...say....a flowmaster muffler in the place of my stock muffler, would there be very much of a decrease in back pressure? If so, would that decrease hurt anything? I'm not really looking for a drastic increase in power, just a better sound. I've heard of too much of a decrease in backpressure hurting vehicles.