Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

thinking about making a snorkel

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default thinking about making a snorkel

I've looked almost everywhere for an aftermarket snorkel for my blazer I haven't had any luck. I was looking and I have an idea that might work. I'm kind of iffy about cutting my fender but. the only problem I see that I might have is relocating my wiper fluid container. I was wondering if anyone else has tried to make one or would have any suggestions on how to build the snorkel

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

OK so it's a first gen and it looks like crap but it might help.
http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=200863

I also think ARB makes them but it would be expensive, as everything from ARB is.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Check this one out,it was fabbed up by Beat My Jimmy and it comes out of his hood. The nice thing about this is I guess if you did not want to cut up your good hood you by a replacement of fiber glass one and swap it out. It is on a first gen but it might give you some ideas.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I have an idea, but it would be kinda expensive, get an aftermarket hood, and run it out near the windshield and split it to go up both sides of the windshield....

So basically a Y shape straight towards the winshield, and split it with enough room left for the wipers to move.... Just an idea

Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

get a cowl hood and have the snorkel come out, to the side and up... the hood would still open, and you're not cutting any stock body parts... any body parts period actually.

Edit:
I'm assuming you found this thread since you were talking about your washer bottle...
https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/2001-blazer-snorkel-32497/

Last edited by oktain; 05-25-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road

Its occations like in this vid u need a snorkle

Only thing is u relly need to waterproof alot of electronics aswell so u dont fry anything. I was really lucky that i didnt stall my engine or fry eny electronics on that crossing

Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran

I didn't see that thread about a snorkle but that is exactly what I want to do. and yea I've stalled out my blazer going through a puddle... luckily I was going pretty fast and it made it through the puddle and it started up after ripping out the intake and draining the water... so I'm afraid to go through deep puddles anymore...

Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

That snorkel in oktain's post is exactally what you would want to do honestly! My friends did it with their Exloders and Jeep

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Check this one out,it was fabbed up by Beat My Jimmy and it comes out of his hood. The nice thing about this is I guess if you did not want to cut up your good hood you by a replacement of fiber glass one and swap it out. It is on a first gen but it might give you some ideas.
Are you guys on the Island still in this picture?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran

lol I was going to start making it but I bought some other things... its going to be a big surprise haven't gotten the chance to put it on yet

Quick Reply: thinking about making a snorkel