Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

underdrive pullies jegs

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road
Default underdrive pullies jegs

ok so i ordered my underdrive pulleys from jegs they will be at their store in the morning the guy i talked to said i would use the same belt as factory? i didnt think the old belt would fit with smaller pullies does any one know if the belts are same diff? and is it a noticeable gain?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

well this reminds me of a post i saw once...

search "underdrive" and get an enrgy drink, reading glasses, and a snack.... there is a lot to be said. I will point you to this one since swartlkk was the other rib God took from adam to make the Blazer in the first place...

those things seem to be a lot like the throttle body spacer; nice on paper, but not so much in our (yours is a '97 I believe) cars. better for older rides.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:10 AM

i didnt quite get the link only 3 posts? mine is a 01 not a 97? i wanted to know if the factory belt would fit or not.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran

my bad, I misread, though you were asking about the gains from the Pullies. You are looking at about 7hp or so there.... as for the belt, sorry no clue (the 3 post was the correct link)

Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The under drive pulleys should fit with the stock belt. IIRC, they work by increasing the diameter of the crank pulley and decreasing the diameter of the alternator and water pump pulley.

Hopefully you do not have an amped audio system in your truck. You may not like the change... But if you thought you got anything from the throttle body spacer...

Old 10-17-2009, 10:45 AM

abn31b its all good. at first i thought u were been a smart*** cause the link to my old post lol. swartlkk thanx for the info on the bigger crank smaller alt pullie i didnt think about the bigger crank making up for the size diff. i just got my pullies so time to go out and do some freezing 30` here. thanx for the help from the both of ya

Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 AM

i think i may have got a little more torque out the spacer but maybe its me. i also put it on before the k&n so to me it did a little something.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran

In truth, i was being a smart*** when i linked to your old one, but only because the last time you asked, you got 0 responses, not as a knock against you

*On the same topic but possibly hijacked*
If he got a bigger alternator say 105-->upgrade to-->160 it SHOULD cover the loss due to slower turn rates AND by him more juice right?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? The whole "theory" behind "power" pulleys is that they turn things slower, thereby reducing the parasitic drag on the engine. Something has to suffer. Lower power output from the alt, lower power assist from the power steering, lower coolant flow through the block, and lower output from the A/C are all normal outcomes from pulleys.

Sure you can boost the power back up with a larger alternator, but now you are taking away from the purpose of getting "power" pulleys.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran

weak...

Quick Reply: underdrive pullies jegs