Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Upgrading my intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Upgrading my intake

I am currently upgrading my intake. I put in a Y intake pipe and im running a duct to the other side of the car and im going to put another scoop under there. It been aggravating getting the duct run, but I hope it will pay off. The duct is foil duct and the scoops are custom made by a company not far from my house and they got another in stock, so I figured I would get another. Night ran me inside for now, but I should get it done tomorrow.

Anyone else have a scoop style intake? Post pics of it!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Upgrading my intake

I am kind of confused as to what you are going to do. Pictures are a must for this project. Are you going to do some like this?

Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran

very, very similar to what Ive alredy done. On thatlink it looks like he may have an onboard toilet or something LOL.

My way, there is no cutting involved onlyfour drilltip screws that drill into the frame.Insted of PVC pipeI used 26 gauge flexible foil duct that attaches to the end of the CAI filter and a custom scoop that extends below the frame6 inches and below the valance3 inches. The upgrade Im making is to'Y' the duct, run italong the insidethe bumper, under the radiator flashing and into the other fender well. here is some links to myexisting intake. The second pic is a mock up of how it would look when I was finished. For the mock up, instead of the scoop, I used a dryer vent cap, which looks very similar. The third is the Cold airintake system I bought from the top.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0231.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0229.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0224.jpg

Will upload pictures of the finished product tomorrow.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Brent,

Finally, someone is putting the time and effort into a cheep and functional cold ram air setup! I am enthusiasticto see how this turns out for you. Please keep me posted with pics and updates, as I will most likely mock your setup if it proves worthy.

P.S. I would replace the intake hat and factory rubber intake hose, they prove to be very restrictive. I actually have an extra K&N intake hat which includes the first 10" of hose and bolts right up to your MAS f your interested. All you need for it is the bolts and metal spacer from K&N to make it work. Usuallly if you call them and just say that your kit didnt include those parts, they next day you new ones with no questions asked. Just tryin to help a fellow "gold" brother out. Good Luck.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran

Mock as in copy, or mock as in make fun of?

By the way, my intake is not a K&N its a Spectre Performance fixed intake (not to be confused with their PowerAdder series)

Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran

I've already replaced the rubber hose, those pics aren't really up to date. The new one is made of PVC pipe

Just joking, its really a 4 inch plastic duct from autozone

Here is the finished result:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0383.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...100_0384-1.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0385.jpg

Will go back later and make it a little neater.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

not bad! When I said "mock" i meant copy. I have been trying to figure out a way to get some aluminized duct piping from ACE to hook it str8t up to the cone. And then just put a foam piece on it for nasty rain storms. Did you cut a hole into the wheel well or what? can you take a picture of the engine bay where the hose comes in with the cone removed and in place please?

thanks

Ryan

Old 04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
BF Veteran

I can't right now, to many things to do and I don't really have time for messing with the intake. The duct attaches directly to the end of the filter, feeds in between the small aluminum coolant tube and the inner fender. There was no cutting involved, just unattached the rubber part of the fender and run the duct through, then there is a Y pipe and the passenger side duct is run, almost attached to the inside of the valance. the drivers side is attached directly to the Y pipe.