Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What air intake would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Beginning Member
jsegs01 is on a distinguished road
Default What air intake would you recommend?

Hey Im looking to put in a air intake to get me some extra HP and make my engine look a bit nicer. So far I have looked into getting a K&N Filter ($288) as well as a Injen ($215). Are these reasonable prices? Im asking since this is the first major/cheapest modification I plan on putting into my car. The website which I got the prices from are below.

1995 Chevy Blazer Air Intakes | Cold Air Intake

Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm not 100% on the presence of any differences between 95 and 96.

The route most go is this way:

95: 92-95 S10 PICKUP BLAZER 4.3L V6 CPI W AIR INTAKE+K&N on eBay.ca (item 290507026749 end time 31-Mar-11 10:12:10 EDT)

96+:96-98-00-02-04 Blazer Sonoma 4.3 Cold Air Intake +K&N on eBay.ca (item 330503138922 end time 31-Mar-11 11:04:55 EDT)

And fab up your own heat shield. You can look through my Project Layla link in my sig, I had made one. For the amount you'll gain from a $200 K&N you might as well pay alot cheaper.

Also, that company ChromeIntakesis good to deal with (from experience). Do what I did and pay for the K&N filter NOW and not later... it ended up costing me more in the end.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member
jsegs01 is on a distinguished road

Thanks this is a whole lot cheaper then the ones I came across

Old 03-31-2011, 01:03 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yup. Ebay cheap CAI FTW! Getting one hopfully ordered up soooooon.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Volant cool air intake, I paid alot but it was well worth it... Maybe a big diff in air intake.. cheap isnt always best!! Volant

Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i had a air raid cold air bought it from jegs its for sale with filter i would sale it for 50 bucks it 189$ new

Last edited by zr2dan; 03-31-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the case of air intakes cheap is usually the best idea. Aside from the quality of the filter they are all pretty much the same. If your worried about it then buy the cone filter from a higher end company and then get the cheap piping. I have had many different intakes and can say from experience that paying a butt load of money for the ones like k&n and other expensive ones is worthles except for bragging rights. The difference in HP is so minimal it is almost retarded to spend more than 50 or so on one.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I have the full K&N intake and if I were doing it over again, I'd buy the cheap ebay intake and use a K&N or AEM filter and make my own heatshield. I know I paid quite a bit less than MSRP on it but I still could have saved a lot had I done the piece-it-together route...

Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Most of the ones on ebay for $50-$70 have a heat shield already. At least for Silverados/Sierras do. Plus you can buy a cheap piping and K&N filter combo.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The links I provided are full piping WITH K&N filter. All that's needed is a heat shield and I built (cut and bent) mine in 2 hours... Paint was a little added time. The most time consuming part was mounting the heat shield.

You can't try and tell me there's something that makes an AEM Bruteforce intake with the same piping as the eBay one worth 100bucks more... and a K&N filter is almost 80 bucks alone, I swear by them because they're easy to clean/recharge.

Quick Reply: What air intake would you recommend?