Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What exhaust mod for most perf. boost on 2nd gen blazers?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=rriddle3;668898]Fact is, no exhaust system will add power. All it can do is free whatever power the engine produces. The "fact is" that Gibson has documented proof of horsepower and torque gains,Whether you want to believe it is altogether up to you. " Dyno test results show it makes maximum torque and horsepower at low-end (1800 to 3000 RPM). Horsepower gains average 10-15 and 15-20lb-ft of increase torque. "
Thanks for your "help" anyway ! P.S Maybe with electric fans you would notice a difference !

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 09-16-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I hate to say this but there isn't a single exhaust manufacturer out there that doesn't boast claims of 10-15hp with a simple bolt on cat back system but that's just marketing gimmics to get people to buy their stuff. A cat back system does nothing to address the real things that limit the exhaust like manifolds (not really very limiting in s trucks), y pipe (the most restrictive part of your exhaust on an s truck) and of course the cat that will certainly become restrictive over time. If your looking for a better sound you will get it but if you're looking for real power increase the best bang for your buck is with a tune.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:14 AM
Starting Member
Default Ignoring the facts to force an opinion...

I hate to say this but both of you are ignoring bonified test results ! Those are referred to as repeatable results ! (science) I am not defending "other" manufacturers,I am merely pointing out that performance gains are 100% possible with bolt on exhaust from Gibson. (documented) That was the questiion asked by the OP ! Opinions are not scientific or relevant in this case ! Bringing other elements into the conversation to prove or substantiate a point is a lame . If you can't accept the "FACTS" or prove them wrong you have no business giving advice !

Old 09-18-2016, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2004 Blazer
I hate to say this but both of you are ignoring bonified test results ! Those are referred to as repeatable results ! (science) I am not defending "other" manufacturers,I am merely pointing out that performance gains are 100% possible with bolt on exhaust from Gibson. (documented) That was the questiion asked by the OP ! Opinions are not scientific or relevant in this case ! Bringing other elements into the conversation to prove or substantiate a point is a lame . If you can't accept the "FACTS" or prove them wrong you have no business giving advice !
the facts are,,,, the pcm will adjust any mod you do to stock program, so without a tune no gains. Its in your head my friend

Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
Default Proof from research

[QUOTE= so without a tune no gains. Its in your head my friend[/QUOTE]
Your assessment is pure bullhockey ! It is NOT in your head because you didn't look ! I did ! I came up with proof of gains without a "tune" ! All I did was ask for Dyno results from Gibson ! I would post the evidence if I knew how,but then the three of you et al. would poo poo it anyway ! Case closed !

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 09-20-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Add Proof
Old 09-20-2016, 09:14 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Case not closed. I doubt that most people would believe the results you have because they come from the manufacturer. Of course they will show the figures Gibson wants you to believe. It's called advertising puffery. There is no proof unless the dyno reports come from a verifiable independent tester who is not paid by the manufacturer for the results. Do you believe that cigarettes do not cause cancer because R.J. Reynolds Co. shows you 'scientific reports proving otherwise'? Of course not. It's the same sales method. Buy what you want to, that's fine, but please do not try to pawn it off on those who understand how company advertising is done. That's how they sell their product.