Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

1999 blazer 1.5-2inch lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 1999 blazer 1.5-2inch lift

You are talking about the body mounts I take it if so then yes!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

are these the black bits you are talking about? the black cylinders?

get on the ground next to your truck and look at the frame. there are mounts that stick out of the frame which support the body. the way your truck is now, the body should be resting on the frame. the black body spacers at the top of the pic will lift the body away from the frame. they boltbetween the body mount and the body. hence "body lift" they literally lift the body off the rest of the truck. i havent installed one so you will have to wait until someone else replies on where to jack up the body...

you shouldnt have a problem with the body spacers breaking. they wouldnt be selling body lifts if those things broke.

if anybody has anything to add, feel free. i have never installed a body lift so i may not be 100% correct with what i said

Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Dhurteau is an unknown quantity at this point

what about all the wires and stuff. fuel tank pipe etc. What happens there?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i believe the perfromance accessories brand body lifts comes with extensions and things like that. like gr81 said, a kit is going to come with everything you need.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

Most kits do come with all you need, one thing to keep in mind when ordering is call the place you plan to order your kit and make sure of what all is included. A basic rule to any type of kit is the more expensive it is the more it comes with. But just call them to make sure!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
cyukio is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry if this comment might be uncalled for... but are you mechanically inclined? and did you even do something generally with lifting trucks before? because the way it sounds like to me you dont have very much knowlege on the body lift. maybe you should get somebody to help you out. on my truck its the first time that i did a body lift and it really took me awhile to do, yes it did come with directions but it wasnt totally straight forward. if youre not sure what youre doing, my advice find someone that does. its going to save you a lot of time and cost a lot less in case you end up breaking something. other than that good luck and post a pic later.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont want the t-bar go with a bodylift

Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: cyukio

sorry if this comment might be uncalled for... but are you mechanically inclined? and did you even do something generally with lifting trucks before? because the way it sounds like to me you dont have very much knowlege on the body lift. maybe you should get somebody to help you out. on my truck its the first time that i did a body lift and it really took me awhile to do, yes it did come with directions but it wasnt totally straight forward. if youre not sure what youre doing, my advice find someone that does. its going to save you a lot of time and cost a lot less in case you end up breaking something. other than that good luck and post a pic later.

Sometimes people want to learn by doing things themselves, thats why they ask questions to get help with there projects. I learned alot by doing things myself and asking questions when I get stumped.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 AM
cyukio is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt say not to do it yourself i said maybe he would want to get someone to help him. anybody mechanicaly inclined could probably do it themselves but in my experience if i had some help from someone that did this kind of project before it would have saved more time. and you can still learn by working with someone that knows how. all i was trying to say was that it might be safer to have some experience around.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 AM
BF Veteran

My bad cyukio I misunderstood what you were saying and I agree with what you said now too. It is best to have an experienced helping hand to help out make things go smoother!!

Quick Reply: 1999 blazer 1.5-2inch lift