Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2" body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AJBert
Also leads to wanting to more mods and less cash in your wallet.
As of right now... I have racked up an impressive list of items on the to do list

2 in body lift $200
body lift fender guards $120
Front HID lights $120
Clear turn signals $100
4 in suspension lift $1600
After market speakers and stereo $500+ for everything
LED's inside and out $250
"fun" wheels and tires $1200
Brush guard $500
Safari Rack with few options $600
2 fogs, 2 driving, 4 up top, and 2 back up lights $$$$$$as hell$$$$

and the list goes on....
If only I wasnt a poor college student...
Maybe I will open a paypal account and request donations... lol

Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Beginning Member
Blazerkid19 is on a distinguished road

ive got a 96 blazer 4dr 4x4. ive really been looking into gettin a 2'' body lift. im just wonder how hard is it to install it and what all do i have to take out? i have an aftermarket CAI so im not worried about the stock box attached. is it worth the $200?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

A body lift replaces the stock body mounts with ones that are 2" higher... as for the CAI, you may need to mod the mounting point so you're not putting strain on anything, the stock airbox is fine since it has that rubber flex piping, so when the body goes up, the piping will bend with it and won't strain anything.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

I read on a few lift kits, that it says you "might" have to unattach the (transmission shift link?) or something on the tranny to do a 2in BL, is this true?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:44 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

From what I understand on 2nd gens the shifter uses a cable and there is enough slack in it so you don't have to worry. You do however have to extend the gas filler neck.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
BusaJoe is on a distinguished road

What about the engine cooling fan? And steering?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Also leads to wanting to more mods and less cash in your wallet.
LOL so true!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by neo71665
From what I understand on 2nd gens the shifter uses a cable and there is enough slack in it so you don't have to worry. You do however have to extend the gas filler neck.
I didn't have to do that on my truck.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

Does a 2in body lift actually make a difference that you can notice, not only by physically looking at it but by riding in it? I thought about buying one for my 02 but it seems like a lot of time and headach for only 2in, is it worth it?

And for people who have 31's under it with the 2in can you all tell a big difference?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

As far as ride quality goes, I doubt you'd see a change seeing as you're leaving the suspension unchanged. With the bigger side wall though it may ride "smoother" just because of the extra cusion from the tires.

I've followed a ZR2 down the highway once, and it looked like he had a hell of a time keeping it in a straight line, the big tires bounce and grab every crack and bump in the road so it seemed bump steer was a little worse then our non ZR2's (The roads in my city are rougher than the trails.) It would probably depend on your choice of tires too. Too soft of a compound might cause this.

So what we really need is someone with the 31's.

Quick Reply: 2" body lift?