Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch body lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
K5-Roots is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch body lift

i have a 98 chevy blazer 4x4 4 door non-zr2 and im having trouble finding a dealer who can give me a answer about what body lift is good and worth my money. does anyone know? i found kits at suspension connection for 190 something and another for 260 at performance accessories what is the big difference? or is there any? just the price?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

for a 98 4dr you can just google Performance Accessories bodly lift (using the part number) and can get it for about $160 with a few minutes of searching. some times as low as $140 and free s&h....

PA is the way to go if you want a cheap, reliable (look at how many blazers here use it) body lift. that is what i intend to buy when ever the maintenance costs of this pig equal out

Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

If its a pa body lift, yes the price is just the diffrence. Recently I just bought a Rancho 2" suspension lift for 436$. I know it's alot, but I think it looks better than a BL. Just my 2cents

Old 01-30-2010, 01:20 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dbam31
If its a pa body lift, yes the price is just the diffrence. Recently I just bought a Rancho 2" suspension lift for 436$. I know it's alot, but I think it looks better than a BL. Just my 2cents
You realize that they shackles and torsion keys are like 80 bucks right?

Old 01-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats up man? PA is probably the best quality body lift you can buy. I just bought mine today from amazon.com for a little less than $200.00, thats with free shipping. As far as the rough country suspension lift someone else mentioned, that is a great way to go as well, after you put your body lift on. Just with your body lift you can fit a 31.5 inch tire, and it is 1/2 the price as the suspension lift. Granted the susp. lift will give you more ground clearance.

I plan on getting my susp. lift a few months down the road. I plan on putting on my BL first and maybe a small t-bar crank, maybe 1-1.5 inch. You dont want to crank them to much or you will be replacing parts under the front end every 6 months or so. If you can afford the susp. lift, thats great, if not stick witht the BL first and save up for the rest.

Good luck,

Jimmy

Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

yah.. why i recommend the sp lift, as I am an avid trail go'er, is because the SP lift comes with new control arms for the extended joint angle and new shocks as well as bushings, but if you just want the look and bigger tires, go for the BL as you can also add that onto a sp lift, and its just preference.

But heres the link for a CHEAP Performance Accessories Body Lift
http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...&ProductID=104
(copy and paste in browser, will take you there)

Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
K5-Roots is on a distinguished road

thanks for all your info everyone ill be ordering that next week it looks like. waiting to add a pic but i cranked up the t-bars almost all the way (yes i know im binding up my ball joints, idler, and pitman arm). and a set of 3 inch lift shackles from pepboys for a about 30 bucks its sitting pretty nice on a set of bfg all terrains 31X10.5. it does better than i expected on the trails and does great in the mud. i need to do the body lift because when the front wheels are turned and suspension is compressed the tire grabs the fender a lil i just need more wheel space.