Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch Body lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member
mikeic4 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch Body lift

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I've been searching through a few threads but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I was looking into the "Body Lift Kit - 132" from PA for my 96 S10 4x4 4dr. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with that kit. I just want to know if they've heard anything (positive or negative) or if you have any other recommendations for a 2 inch body lift. I have 31x10.50R15 Firestone A/T on there now and I just need a little more clearance.

If any of you guys have installed one of these before, is there anything I should know before digging in? Thanks in advance...

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by mikeic4
Hey guys,

I'm new here and I've been searching through a few threads but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I was looking into the "Body Lift Kit - 132" from PA for my 96 S10 4x4 4dr. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with that kit. I just want to know if they've heard anything (positive or negative) or if you have any other recommendations for a 2 inch body lift. I have 31x10.50R15 Firestone A/T on there now and I just need a little more clearance.

If any of you guys have installed one of these before, is there anything I should know before digging in? Thanks in advance...
I have a 1996 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4 too lol. Got 31s and the 2 inch body lift. No problems so far what so ever. I love my body lift. Easier to work on the vehicle too! A few days before installing, I'd soak down all the bolts in order to make the install go more smoothly. I'm guessing you did trimming if it was necessary since you already have 31s on there. I had to trim a fair bit to get the tires not to rub since my camaro wheels have 4.5" backspacing and stick out a bit. Also, watch out for any wires, cables, or hoses that might try to bind. Goodluck! Post some pics of before and after after the installation.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Beginning Member

Yeah, I had to trim a little before getting the 31s on there. I'll order the lift and put it together real soon. Hopefully finished up by next weekend. Thanks for the reply.

BTW- I love the look of the camaro wheels. Thought about those after doing the lift.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

been there and done that, i would reccomend an air impact tools,and dont forget the bolts over the axle, there kinda hidden,also use plenty of
PB blaster to loosen the rusty bolts before starting, i also replaced the body rubber mounts with the urathane type,the origionals were starting to crack and break,take your time and DONT take all the body bolts out at one time.... and just go for it,will help to have a friend lending a hand..
pics gotta have pics

Old 08-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the heads up man, I ordered my lift today. Should be here in a few days. Before and after pics will be up soon! (Hopefully) lol

Old 08-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Beginning Member

Started the lift today, got just about half way through. (started late after work). Hopefully if I have time tomorrow it will be all finished. If it wasn't for okiedoak I never woulda saw those bushings hidden in the back. Pics will be up tomorrow!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by mikeic4
Started the lift today, got just about half way through. (started late after work). Hopefully if I have time tomorrow it will be all finished. If it wasn't for okiedoak I never woulda saw those bushings hidden in the back. Pics will be up tomorrow!

So yeah, due to rain, puddles, work meetings and lastly, lack of time... I was finally able to finish the lift TODAY! Only thing that didn't go exactly as planned is the steering. I noticed it after I started to move the truck around and test everything. After about a quarter turn left, there is like a binding? tightness (absolutely no issue turning the other direction). I can continue to turn after that inital tightness without a problem. Has anyone ever had or heard of any issue like that? I reread the directions over and over to see if I missed anything and I couldn't find/think of anything. Any insight on what is going on or if it is not good to drive would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the wall of text, I just want my truck back.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Cv or breaks binding?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

after i lifted mine, there was a very solid "click" in the steering, i think it was in the steering shaft where it telescopes together, i kept driving it and its not there anymore,go figure... if you examine what is taking place on the body lift,all components are remaining in the same location except for the steering shaft, I know the brake lines move and the fan shroud moves, but nothing in the steering or suspension moves,except for the steering shaft, that is why i felt that it would be safe to drive and see if the "click" would go away and it did..also congradulations on the lift,it is a pain but not hard
to do.... and where are the pics????

Last edited by okiedoak20; 08-19-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 AM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

remove your airbox and get someone to turn the wheel and check out your steering shaft when it starts to feel like its binding, maybe mudflaps if you have them mine rubbed on them don't know if that might be causing an issue.

Quick Reply: 2 inch Body lift