Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2" Rough Country Lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

its your blazer you can do whatever you want to it.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point

if your thinking of transplanting the body on to a full sizes chassis, you won't be able to use the full size blazer you probably would have to do a short wide pickup, i think thats closest to out wheel base but its still significantly longer than ours.. I personally like the 2 inch rough country kit.. I am abusive on the suspension and the t-bar crank didn't work for me all that well, The kit has been a real champ so far. I have found axles that will not wear out because of the lift, waiting for them to finish the prototypes for me. I like the idea of putting the body on another chassis but, you'd have to cut the chassis down to fit the wheel base, and alter the engine area because the full size has a bigger engine bay, If your doing the work yourself it may not be a bad idea, you should be able to get a really great salvaged truck for like 2,000. I just want the drive train of the pick up. By the end of summer I'm doing a small block swap. eventually I want the transfer case, tranny and front and rear diff from a full size...

Old 07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member
95 S10 Blazer is on a distinguished road

yea i really want to o the rough country kit but everyone says that the cv joints wear out and vibrate

Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have thought with ANY Suspension lift that dropping the Diff to compensate for axle angle would be part of the Kit. yuck. I'm glad I'm doing my homework here.
I've only done Lifts on trucks with Leaf springs up front... super easy. Ahhh the good old days of solid axles.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Beginning Member

i wish i had the money and time to do a solid axle swap then i could lift it as high as i wanted for cheap

Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Beginning Member

alright i have got some money, i am looking at a superlift 6" front 5" rear lift. then getting a 2" pa body lift. does the 5" kit have a lot of work that has to be done to your front end? and would that kid ruin your front end?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ANY 2" suspension lift kit for a 2nd Generation S-10 Blazer is nothing more than a GLORIFIED torsion bar crank. The big plus with the kit is the fact that it comes with new upper control arms that change ball joint angles and correct alot of alignment/ball joint issues. It is still hard on the CV's and other components. I would say that a 2" lift kit is DEFINITELY better than just a torsion bar crank. If you are that worried about driveline components then go ahead and pay the extra for a 6" suspension lift kit as it contains front differential drop brackets. Only down side to the 6" kit is it changes your driveshaft angle and will eat up driveshaft joints faster. I would also have to say that I would much rather work on my driveshaft than mess with cv shafts and front end components.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Beginning Member

so theres no way to get away from something wearing out faster then normal with any lift. besides a body lift. i priced out a 5" superlift kit, a 2" PA body lift, cragar soft 8 rims (15x8), a jet performance six pack programer, and a push bar for the front. the grand total 3 grand and some change. and i have a 95 blazer 4x4 4 door.

what do u guys think

Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Its your truck. At the end of the day just ask yourself if you are happy sinking $3000 in parts and another $1200 in tires into a truck that books for less than $5000. If its paid for and in good shape go for it.