Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

96 Jimmy thanks for the help with lift "Pic Heavy"!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road
Default 96 Jimmy thanks for the help with lift "Pic Heavy"!

Thanks To all that helped with my choice in lifting my 96 4 door 4x4
i went with the PA 2" body lift $110.00, fabtech 1.5" shackles $44.00,1.5" T-bar Crank, Wrangler Authority 31x10.50x15 LT tires $480 and stock rims and no trimming, here is how she looks before and after!

Last edited by RebelJimmy96; 01-11-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, looks real good. The guys and gals here do a pretty good job of offering advice and steering in the right direction on mods. So far they have picked my tire size and muffler. You gonna keep your other wheels and tires as a back-up or summer wheels? If I could ask you one (or two) questions.

A: Do you have any problems legally, (cops or inspection), with the turndown exhaust?
Noticed you didn't have the tailpipes, thinking about doing the same.

B: Any problems with smells or discoloring underneath your rig? Agian, I like it. That should've been a package on the blazers (besides ZR2 of cource).

Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
A: Do you have any problems legally, (cops or inspection), with the turndown exhaust?

B: Any problems with smells or discoloring underneath your rig? Agian, I like it. That should've been a package on the blazers (besides ZR2 of cource).
why would it be a legal issue? it's not like he's running around with the whole back of his truck cut out (like another member on here).

and a word of advice, if you do plan on doing turn downs, angle it to the outside of your truck slightly (like 30 to 45 degrees). this will help with any extra interior noise, plus discourage any possible exhaust gases from coming into/towards the interior compartment (which i guess was what you were getting at?)

Old 01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Very nice!! It turned out awesome. Not bad prices on the lifts either. I don't think I've seen a BL kit that cheap before.
Any issues with rubbing having the 31's on there? I'm assuming not with close to 4" of lift..but I'm curious. I'd like to squeeze 31's on my truck with shackles.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=old skool luvr;290481]why would it be a legal issue?

Well in some states (I.E.; WV) State Inspection requires "Exhaust on a suv or truck to exit outside the body lines behind the rear wheels." Making it illegal here. I was wondering if it was illegal there, and if so, do cops enforce it. Cops here don't care about much, but still just curious. I think I figured out a way to get around inspection, but rain has delayed my creativity untill next weekend. I planned on turning it some so the drone doesn't rattle my brain at highways speed, (But I'm doing this to make it louder, picky picky me .)

So RebelJimmy, when are you gonna make like Brad Paisley and get a little mud on the tires?...

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 01-24-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: :gnitidE rof nosaeR
Old 01-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Very nice!! It turned out awesome. Not bad prices on the lifts either. I don't think I've seen a BL kit that cheap before.
Any issues with rubbing having the 31's on there? I'm assuming not with close to 4" of lift..but I'm curious. I'd like to squeeze 31's on my truck with shackles.
no rub unless at full lock and that is a light frame rub,

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
why would it be a legal issue? it's not like he's running around with the whole back of his truck cut out (like another member on here).

and a word of advice, if you do plan on doing turn downs, angle it to the outside of your truck slightly (like 30 to 45 degrees). this will help with any extra interior noise, plus discourage any possible exhaust gases from coming into/towards the interior compartment (which i guess was what you were getting at?)

thats what i did and i used the super 44 flowmaster and a Magnaflow Highflow cat! and love the sound ill try to get a vid of it soon! and she is a beast in the mudd. btw love that song! ill snap some pics this weekend and post!

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Hey, looks real good. The guys and gals here do a pretty good job of offering advice and steering in the right direction on mods. So far they have picked my tire size and muffler. You gonna keep your other wheels and tires as a back-up or summer wheels? If I could ask you one (or two) questions.

thanks and i sold my old 3.75 bs rims, in arkansas we dont have inspection and no bad smells or discoloring just bad *** v-8 rumble at idiol! a CAI helps the sound too and the high flow cat at all 2 1/2 pipes i made a new y pipe for mine with 2 1/4 the bigest i could squeeze in there and it stops the poping sound these 4.3's are known with

Last edited by RebelJimmy96; 01-25-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Starting Member

Cheers

Last edited by RebelJimmy96; 01-25-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks nice

and i ran around the Philadelphia region of PA with open headers for about a month and a half and got stopped by the cops for trespassing (only time i got stopped and i dove by cops all the time), i let my car run and the cops were like "this thing sounds sick, whats it got in it?" and they were stunned when i said "nope v6" and then they said "wish my v6 sounded this nice" and left while giving me a citation for trespassing haha

Old 01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looks very nice

Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 AM

RebelJimmy, lookin foreward to some pics!...

I just read up on the modified inspection sticker rules in WV. They are F****** insane. If you have 3 sizes over stock, sus lift OR body lift 3 inches or more, you fall under that listing. They dictate how many turns your steering should be lock to lock, all kinds of insanity. Love WV but HATE inspections. I'm thinking the turndown is out now.

Quick Reply: 96 Jimmy thanks for the help with lift "Pic Heavy"!