Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

96 Jimmy thanks for the help with lift "Pic Heavy"!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Beginning Member
Sway_89S10 is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty sweet, nice job.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Hey, looks real good. The guys and gals here do a pretty good job of offering advice and steering in the right direction on mods. So far they have picked my tire size and muffler. You gonna keep your other wheels and tires as a back-up or summer wheels? If I could ask you one (or two) questions.

A: Do you have any problems legally, (cops or inspection), with the turndown exhaust?
Noticed you didn't have the tailpipes, thinking about doing the same.

B: Any problems with smells or discoloring underneath your rig? Agian, I like it. That should've been a package on the blazers (besides ZR2 of cource).
it doesn't pass inspection at least in PA. the pipe has to leave the passenger compartment. the only trucks that you can dump like that legally is a pickup truck because its dumped under the bed and its not a part of the passenger compartment. I have mine dumped, I haven't had any problems with gas or smells coming in other than when I smashed my back window

but back on topic, truck looks nice I'm probably going to put a body lift on mine so I don't have to trim my fenders

Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Truck looks awesome with life =D and I like the custom wheels to!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

RebelJimmy, Didn't notice you were from AR till you said Arkansas doesn't have inspections. It's a good thing we don't or my whole family would be screwed.

Uncles dodge has strait pipes, you can hear him coming a mile away and he's never been stopped for em.

BTW love the Jimmy. Gonna lift mine sometime soon...

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Jimmy looks pretty slick lifted, especially with the color. Welcome to the world of lift. You'll probably find yourself parking next to stock Jimmys/Blazers now, at least that's what I do.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran

^^^ lol thats what I do

Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

You might also get the occasional urge to drive over small ricers, especially when/if you put a brush guard on. Your rig would look really good with a nice Westin brush guard.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran

not to mention running over anything else, I like to drive up over curbs and stuff and watch people make weird faces at me

Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

looks good man

do you recommend the pa body lift or do you think this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-03...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

yes i park next to stock jimmy's n blazers and get all the looks! like dang Ive never seen a lifted 4 door jimmy b4. and spectreblazer get the pa kit. and the brush guard is next. supposedly they never mad one to fit a 96 but i bet i can mod one from a 98 model
due to im a certified mig/tig welder and fab BTW the nurf bars are off a 2001 Diamond Edition Jimmy those were stock brushed aluminum and mount direct to the frame then i mig welded them for added strength . here she is in the snow.

she is a tank cant even make it slip! i highly recommend the Goodyear wrangler authority's from walmart for $130 a piece. and there is a eBay member that parts out s-10's and blazers look them up u can get hell of good deals and i also used http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/main.sc
jigg is the owner and can help ya out on anything s-10 or blazer or jimmy or sonoma

Last edited by RebelJimmy96; 02-23-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply: 96 Jimmy thanks for the help with lift "Pic Heavy"!