Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

99 4 door jimmy lift???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
big-RAM is on a distinguished road
Default 99 4 door jimmy lift???

Hello!!! I'm a jimmy noob but I kinda read through the stickys n some other stuff so I'm just trying to make sure I get this done correctly.

My jimmy was bought last friday for my wife. It rides like a boat and naturally If I'm fixing something its getting upgraded.

On to my thoughts of a lift.

Upgrade t-bar(does zr2 fit 4 door)then crank them up, upgrade leaf springs(what are some good cheap ones to get) add a 3" shackle, upgraded shocks(what are some good beefy ones), 2" body lift, around a 30" tire.

Any help or suggestions on this will be great. This will probably never see any offroading lol. but me and the wife already sat down and picked out a final look for this truck so its time to start gettn to work .

Thanks again,
Rob

Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Nothin

Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

I run a 2" body lift on my '00 4 door. I have 2" shackles for the rear, waiting to put them on (bolts are a real son of a *****) With a 2" Body lift, you can run 31 x 10.5" tire (even on the stock 15x7" rim) May have to tweek the torsion bar though. After any T-bar crank, alignment for sure. What rims have you decided on? I purchased the 15 x7 Crager soft 8's for mine, for 45$ a piece from Summit, came to 191, shipped over to MI. Any pics of the truck?

-OSS

Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Sweet! No pic yet. Its just a very clean jimmy slt. Rims idk yet but probably keep it at the 15" maybe 16" range, probably a 5 spoke with a good dish/lip. The bolt pattern is 5x120? What other cars have the same pattern?

Will the zr2 tbar fit? This jimmy has 178k on it so I'd like to start replacing stuff asap.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-05-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 AM

Only pic on jack stands

Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

The ZR2 tbars will fit. Bolt pattern is actually 5x120.65 and the only other cars with the same pattern are Camaros, GTOs, Corvettes, and most BMW. The new 5th gen camaros are actually 5x120 which is close enough that some people have made them fit but I wouldn't risk it

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM

So none of the gmc trucks have the same pattern? Seems like that is gonna limit my rim choices.

I gotta get a better pic up that one sucks lol.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM

Here we go a lil better to see how clean it is.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

nice lookin truck. as far as gm trucks, no bolt pattern doesnt work. but for gm cars lots of them have the same pattern. im running a set of camaro rims on mine that im really happy with. i know another guy with the honeycomb style off a firebird. i found a list on google a while back that listed tons.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Dang that sucks. I coulda swore I seen gm big 2wd trucks but there is so much mixd answers on the internet its crazy. That's kinda why I don't understand when guys get mad at us "noobys" when we ask the "simple" questions.

Well before I start the customizing build I gotta take care of the maintenence stuff. Truck was sitting for about 8 months n the brakes feel like they are screwed, the 4wd service light is on, rear glass won't open, passenger window is scraping, n a pulley is squeeling like a pig.

I think ill start a build thread

Quick Reply: 99 4 door jimmy lift???