Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Axel Flip-Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axel Flip-Kit

i want to do a Axel Flip to lift it but wondering about it like how hard is it does it take long is it really a kit or something i can do

Old 03-15-2008, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Axel Flip-Kit

Axle flip?

You mean a Spring Over Axle (SOA) conversion? That just puts the leaf spring on top of the rear axle instead of below it. This will give you approximately 5' of lift in the rear though...and unless you're going to get a solid axle for up front, you're going to have a rediculously severe foward rake (lack of lift in the front).

Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Starting Member

yea i just saw it on a other forum said it can give up to 5 inches in front but i thought it would be cheap and can do it myself by just fliping it over.

has alot of info tho if anyones wnting to lift their 2wd s10

http://forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=40528

Old 03-15-2008, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ah...right..2wd...yes 2wds are much easier to lift the front end. The SOA is only rear axle though. No leaf springs up front to flip.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Starting Member

yea i know that, i just dont know is it pretty quik and easy to flip

Old 03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran

I think all you have to do is take the weight off the rear suspension (just like you were going to do an add a leaf or shackles), unbolt the leaf spring, move over the axle, flip the U-bolts...you might need a new bracket piece to hold them, and then re-attach leaf springs. Only problem is that you then will need to extend brake lines, not to mention the driveline angles will be bad..

I also think I saw somewhere you may need access to a torch/cutter at some point...but that might be fore the entire lift. Again, I don't think this is something you just wanna go ahead and do...unless your going up 5' in the front as well.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Starting Member

what is a good way to get 5inches up front? becouse id rather do a flip, ratherthen buying 3 inch shackles and add a leafs. the flip just seems cheaper

Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 AM
BF Veteran

seeing as how your username is fla_blazer4x4..you don't have much options. You can do either a solid axle swap and do a traditional lift like a jeep or something. Or you can do a superlift/trailmaster lift kit that gives you leaf springs up front, and places them over the axle.

All those lifts you were looking at before are for 4x2s only. 4x4s have torsion bar front suspension, and thus cannot use spindles, lift coils, etc.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Starting Member

no i have a 2wd 2005 blazer, i want to change my username but cant figure out how.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 AM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

seeing as how your username is fla_blazer4x4..you don't have much options. You can do either a solid axle swap and do a traditional lift like a jeep or something. Or you can do a superlift/trailmaster lift kit that gives you leaf springs up front, and places them over the axle.

All those lifts you were looking at before are for 4x2s only. 4x4s have torsion bar front suspension, and thus cannot use spindles, lift coils, etc.
i dont think there is any kit that gives you leafs up front, as far as i know there is no SAS kit yet. I only know of one in the making, which is a few months out still.

Quick Reply: Axel Flip-Kit