Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

bbest way to lift a 4door blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 PM
sparty992 is on a distinguished road
Default bbest way to lift a 4door blazer?

I am lookin to possibly lift my blazer its a 4 door 4x4. I was wondering what is a good kit for it?. I was lookin at the trailmast 5inch suspension lift, or the 2.5 rough country lift have you guys heard or know anything about these lifts? Also where's a good place to buy them? And I was thinking about a SAS lift but idk if its worth the extra money and what not.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by sparty992
I am lookin to possibly lift my blazer its a 4 door 4x4. I was wondering what is a good kit for it?. I was lookin at the trailmast 5inch suspension lift, or the 2.5 rough country lift have you guys heard or know anything about these lifts? Also where's a good place to buy them? And I was thinking about a SAS lift but idk if its worth the extra money and what not.
Imo, if you want a small lift for now, get a 2 inch body lift and/or a 2.5 inch rough country lift. If you want a bigger lift, don't waste your time or money on the 5 or 6 inch lifts for the ifs. At this point just dive on in and get a solid axle swap. They will be around the same price.

The 2.5 inch rough country kit was redesigned and hasn't been out for that long. The kit is nothing more than a t-bar crank and shackles with a few parts thrown in to correct angles so the front end doesn't wear out fast. (the differential drop bracket etc.) And because the blaze if lifted, they give you longer shocks as well.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 AM

That's what I was thinking, that the SAS would be about the same as a regular suspen lift in cost. Do you know if the SAS will still work if my frame is a little bent in the front? Its just the body mount on very front passenger side. And I realized that they'd be about the same, but idk the trailmast 5in is like 1,400 dollars, this is the site its at
S10 S15 Blazer Jimmy ZR2 Highrider suspension lift kits

Old 04-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Starting Member
NEW YORK BOY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Imo, if you want a small lift for now, get a 2 inch body lift and/or a 2.5 inch rough country lift. If you want a bigger lift, don't waste your time or money on the 5 or 6 inch lifts for the ifs. At this point just dive on in and get a solid axle swap. They will be around the same price.

The 2.5 inch rough country kit was redesigned and hasn't been out for that long. The kit is nothing more than a t-bar crank and shackles with a few parts thrown in to correct angles so the front end doesn't wear out fast. (the differential drop bracket etc.) And because the blaze if lifted, they give you longer shocks as well.
gotta link to this tibby?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 PM

The link that I shared has the rough country lift if you wanted that. But if not I also need a link for a straight axle conversion kit