Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Blazers with shackle/Torsion lift pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:09 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 69chevelle
after t/b crank and shackles but before BL

note: I had around 700lb in the back
Hmmm...... So, about 4-5 bodies, give or take?? You probably could have squeezed more in!!! lol

Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 69chevelle
after t/b crank and shackles but before BL

note: I had around 700lb in the back

what size tires are those? and i had rs rims on my old dime.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
01blaze2door is on a distinguished road

Depends on how you wanna lift it... You could do full suspension lift, or turn you torsion bars and put shackles on, or you could do a body lift... The full suspension you could get about 5" or higher. The t-bar crank and shackles I'm not sure how high you can go but it is not recomended to go more then 2" cause your suspension parts will wear out like crazy. And the biggest bodylift you can get is 3" and I'm not sure what souls have to be extended on that but it should come with the bodylift. People on here will know a lil more then me, but there the basics. Just try searching around and you'll find your anwser.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 AM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

rob - 3 actually. or ya know, heavy box/subs, tranny, transfer case, tools, fluids, etc. I need add-a-leaf

nismo - they are 32X11.5's, they are TIGHT, but flexed out to the max(before body lift) they rubbed the inside of fenders a bit(and frame at full lock), but I did some trimming. I Love the way the rims turned out spraying the centers black, although masking off the lip was a task...

Old 11-15-2010, 07:07 AM

yeah it is the same way i had them painted on mine also.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 AM

there i just got my tires mounted they are 30/9.50/15. on stock rims. and i have no tbar crank or shackles this is stock height.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tncspoor
Just to make sure, your saying you have no body lift on this truck? I like it, it still looks clean. I think I am going to have to crank and shackle mine now. I have a 2" bl and 31" MT's on mine.
I am sorry for not getting back on this. I've been pre-occupied with its replacement. That truck now looks like this:

Yes, no body lift on it when we were wheeling it. Planned one....and it didn't get that far.

The replacement is in the builds section as a replacement for the 'James'. Almost anything and everything that could be transferred to the new one was. One interesting thing was the torsion bars on the Jimmy were 1.16 and the Blazer had 1.10. I put the bigger ones on the Blazer (which is lighter) and it still has a LOT of threads left on the key bolts with the truck up just under 2". The ride isn't bad either. Bigger bars, just not too big. I'll have more pictures of it up on that thread soon.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

The 97 blazer we replaced this with already sits higher....

One thing we did to the Jimmy before its demise was add-a-leaf in the rear. When wheeling the rear overhang was too much and with the soft springs we 'dragged butt' too often. The blazer came with a HUGE hitch that hangs lower so we'll definitely do an add-a-leaf to it. Going with a long one verse short as we did on the Jimmy.

The ultimate plan once the Blazer is to where the Jimmy was is to continue the evolution to our vision. The MML. 2" body lift. Skidz flare fender cuts (the flares are no longer available). The rear cut will be interesting, but I think it will work. Rear track bar from a ZR2. Swing-spare tire carrier. Longer shocks. Braided brake lines. 3.73s all around. We'll either run 275/75-16s or 33s on 15" wheels.

Looking hard at that wynjammer supercharger kit too. Hmmmm. We'll do the recommended mods first (many already done) and see if money falls from the sky.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Project96 is on a distinguished road

Does anybody have the part # for the tortion keys? I ordered a set from amazon that according to their cross reference would fit. (Daystar KG09110). I want to get these in and aligned before winter sets in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM

you only need the keys if your stock bars are extremely sagging. other wise it is just a waste of money you can crawl under and just tighten the bolts up.

Quick Reply: Blazers with shackle/Torsion lift pics