Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body Lift???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road
Default Body Lift???

I have a 87’ S-10 Blazer that I've been restoring... I want to put a 3" body lift on it but I’m a little hesitant because I’m kind of worried... I don’t want to rip anything out... So, When you unscrew the body mounts and jack the body up will you pull any wires, hoses, or anything??

Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

When you buy a body lift from a reputable manufacturer it will come with everything you need and a complete set of instructions. Best money I ever spent.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Yes, you will rip stuff out when you jack up the body...

if you don't follow the instructions from a reputable kit, as already mentioned.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

well.... i was thinking of this kit.....
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...23030320172073

What do you guys think of that kit??
What kind of kits do you recomend??

Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Originally Posted by tony991
well.... i was thinking of this kit.....
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...23030320172073

What do you guys think of that kit??
What kind of kits do you recomend??
Looks like the kit I just got in the mail Tony, the 543 3 inch kit. Got mine on Amazon for $90 with free shipping. Came with hardware, body spacers, spacers for the vaccum shift modulator (for 4x4), clutch cable extension, steering coluom brackets, and the fuel filler extension. I've got an ASE mechanic that will do the install AND fab up bumper brackets for $200.(He did my buddies full size body lift, and he did great, and says he's done the s10 blazer before.) Is there anything not in the kit that Tony and I need to get before the installs start? Mine's a 1st gen also.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Beginning Member
scrmmealuvsong22 is an unknown quantity at this point

not a fan of body lifts, u see frame and it really doesnt give u more ground clearance, just room to put bigger tires on

go with a suspension lift and go big or go home

Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scrmmealuvsong22
not a fan of body lifts, u see frame and it really doesnt give u more ground clearance, just room to put bigger tires on

Only thing with suspension lifts is they are extremely involved and are pretty costly. Body lift will give you a higher ride but at a pretty cheap price. I do agree with the frame showing though..it's one downside.
And you will gain more clearance with a body lift because you can fit bigger tires on. Bigger tires = more clearance because you're higher up.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scrmmealuvsong22

A suspension lift doesn't give you any higher ground clearance. BIGGER TIRES give you more ground clearance.

Both types of lift allow you to put bigger tires on, thus giving you better clearance. The body lift is cheaper and easier, the suspension lift offers more height.

And you can always throw sliders on to cover up the frame after a body lift.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Nobody makes a suspension lift worth a crap for a first gen.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope Tony's project worked out. I got mine put on last weekend and it went great. Only snag was didn't have time to rig up the bumpers, but I think I can lift them myself. Spray some under coating and the frame isn't too bad, then agian I'm used to seeing as many if not more body lifts than suspensions. Yeah If you got the money, time, and resources; I'd much rather do a SFA up front and a rear spring flip kit with diffrent axles and better gears. BUT my wallet persuaded me towards the body lift for now...

Quick Reply: Body Lift???