Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift affect brushguard mount??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Body lift affect brushguard mount??

Hey I am thinking about getting a brushguard, a 2" body lift, and cranking the t-bars an inch and 1.5" or 2" shackles in the rear. I was wondering, if doing a body lift, will it affect the line up of the brushguard since the bumpers move and the brushguard would be mounted to the frame. Is there a way to lift the brushguard as well if this is the case? Just trying to run through all the possibilities before I throw money at it.

Thanks for help in advance. Also if you have a body lift and a brushguard, can you post/link pics of your truck with the brushguard mounted normally or raised, just whatever you got for pics.

-Lenny

Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Body lift affect brushguard mount??

You are in luck if you got a hunter brush guard, it mounts to the bumper mounts. With nearly all body lifts it moves the mount up for the bumper so you can more the brush guard with it. I'll take some pics tonight to show you what i mean. Hopefully it should work, if not get creative and make some brackets.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Awsome sounds great, cause I was planing on getting the hunter brushguard since it is at a good price point, looks good, and sounds like it works and is real sturdy. I wasn't toatlly sure how they mounted up, I figured somewhere near where the tow hooks mount. Thanks for the info.

-Lenny

Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically to get a rough idea go climb under your blazer and look at the two side mounts that hold up the side of your bumpers. Should be a piece of flat steel that is bolted in with 2 bolts. Those same two bolts on each side hold up the hunter guard. Im banking on that working with the body lift too but as a backup i got myplasma torchand some flat steel handy (that is for when i can actually afford my lift, lol). If it comes to that I'll figure out what plate it needs and I'll make ya one as well or at least send ya the dimensions.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

R2Cars, Where did you get the hunter brush guard?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:58 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

EBAY!!! lol they have raised the price tho..lol I have the same guard and can jump up and down on it... i weigh 265lbs...... Im not sure if it will move up and down with a body lift though..... it does mount to the same spot the bumper brackets mount to but im not sure the 2 inch lift brackets will actually lift the guard, I think the way they are made it only lifts the bumper, I think it is just an extension onto the stock bracket..... not sure tho... I wouldnt buy both banking on them working together, im pretty sure it wont without some fabrication. Now if you are good at working with metal, you should have no problem...