Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Body lift problems

I just recently bought the 2" PA body lift and was wanting to create a list for people like myself in the future, of the problems everyone ran into. I have searched on here and found a few problems but thought it would be a good idea to start a thread so people can have refernce when they put theirs on. I have not yet started to put my on but already noticed two issues that i will have to watch out for.

So, my question is what type of problems did eveyone have while installing? Hoses, gas lines, filler tube to gas tank, steering shaft, bolts, fan shroud, anything that may have been an issue.

So far the only two that I have noticed is:

1) factory air box is going to have to be loosend before you can lift the front. T here is not enough play in the hose and you will break some of the plastic where it bolts down.
2) You might want to soak the bolts down a few with wd40 beofre you start so you dont break a bolt off inside, plus it just makes it easier.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Soaking the bolts a must.

The only thing I ran into is I had to lengthen the wires to my trans on my 87 blazer with my 3 inch BL.

I already had a electric fan and the jeep steering shaft so that might had added to the ease.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget the body bolt hidden behind the rear wheels. Soak the bolts with PB Blaster. i used a whole can the week before, bolts came out like butter.....

Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Mine went according to plan with no issues. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

I will say that remove the rear bumper to gain better access to the fuel filler/vent lines. That was the only "fun" part I had but was very doable.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member
bksowers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did mine it about 4.5 hours no issues. I only thing I wish is that the frame wasn't so ugly.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by bksowers1
I did mine it about 4.5 hours no issues. I only thing I wish is that the frame wasn't so ugly.
What do you mean by ugly, rusted? You can always spray it with a rubberized undercoating spray, you can get this from any auto store. I sprayed mine about 1.5 years ago and it is still on there, so i beleive it works pretty good.

4.5 hours, did you raise the bumpers and the body in that amount of time?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did mine quick also. Ended up not using a bunch of stuff. Fuel filler reached, oil lined reached, left bottom fan shrand blackowed off ect.... also did the frame with a quick sand blast and sprayed it with my spray gun. nerf bars hide it also.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

I have a thread on here with all the fun I had installing mine. Short story: broken bolts, snapped caged nuts, holes cut in floor, had to extend fuel filler and vent lines. It was all worth it though

Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Default Update 3-27-10

OK, so me and two buddys put on my body lift today. The problems that we ran into were:
1) Had to cut about 2 inches off inside of rear bumper with sawzaw. Bumper would not fit otherwise.
2) Bottom of fan shroud no longer fits, had to remove it. Top of fan shroud fits fine to hold in radiator.
3) Transmission line (bottom) had to be bent to clear fan, still only has about .5 clearance.

You will need a universal joint for sure when installing. Also make sure you have two of every socket. Installation time took about 9 hours, but that is stopping for lunch and waiting for someone to bring us a sawzaw.

Cant really tell a huge difference except when getting into vehicle, you no longer just slide right in, you actually have to step up a little.

For everyone who wants to know if 235/75/15's look silly with a 2" BL, the answere is NO, its looks fine.

Good luck to everyone, and best advice I can give you is have a sawzaw, propane torch, plenty of big and deep sockets, extensions (6" and 12") unviversal joint, small hammer, some big wrenches for rear bumper (18 and 19 metric), big jack with a 3 foot 2x4, at least 1 or 2 friends.

Hope this helps someone out. Installing this product is NOT hard, just time consuming, I would pick a day that you have the next day off just incase.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Beginning Member
brokenline is on a distinguished road

broken bolts, radiator fan shroud not fitting, bumper sitting to low transfer case lever 2" lower.. this was on a 87 blazer..

Quick Reply: Body lift problems