Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body Lift Shift lever question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 PM
michigan_engineering is on a distinguished road
Default Body Lift Shift lever question

Hey all, I am considering a 2" BL for my 2002 Zr2. I have the auto trans with the shift lever in the center consol. I was wondering if anyone on here has done a lift with this sort of shift lever and if any modifications to the lever are needed.

Thanks a bunch!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a 100% on this, but I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

If it's anything like my truck with the floor shift 4x4, then the shifter will be shorter and might not shift into the highest and lowest position as easy as before. But you might be able to bend and extnd the linkage or cut small grooves in the console under the shifter boot and fix that.

But I figure someone else has done this and will be of more help.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

The lever MIGHT hit the floor, if it does, I would recommend grinding the floor cause i wouldn't bend the lever cause you have the button in the center of the lever, you might mess something up if you bend it. To grind the floor, just take the boot off, put it in 4low(easier to work on in 4low)(and its easier to see if you need to grind more off rather than taking the lever out multiple times if you didn't grind enough the 1st time.) Grind the floor where its hitting. Throw it in 2wd, see if it hits. lol
It's not that bad, it took me about 15 min. and thats with unrolling 100ft of extension cord to get to my truck lol
Good luck!!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Sorry for the confusion, but I have push button 4wd. The concern is my automatic transmission shift lever. Mine is located in the center console rather than the steering column. Not sure if it was a '02 thing or what, but thats about the only thing I can see giving me a headache, along with the ZR2 steering column bind issue (PA claims the steering will bind on a zr2 after the lift).

Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by michigan_engineering
Sorry for the confusion, but I have push button 4wd. The concern is my automatic transmission shift lever. Mine is located in the center console rather than the steering column. Not sure if it was a '02 thing or what, but thats about the only thing I can see giving me a headache, along with the ZR2 steering column bind issue (PA claims the steering will bind on a zr2 after the lift).

I have no clue then lol.. I've never seen the shift lever in the center console of a blazer before. lol Do you know if there's a cable that shifts it or a rod??

Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony991
I've never seen the shift lever in the center console of a blazer before.
They're out there. I don't believe they made the 4x4 on the floor in the second gens either(I may be wrong), all push button.
What you can do is ask the place your buying the body lift from what modifications you will have to do. They should know the answer.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it's just a cable for the console shifter.

somebody that i know of had to drill a different hole in the floor to run the cable through. he said the cable wasn't long enough to work with the lift.

this was a third person relay of the mod, but it sounds like it would be true, 'cause we all know there's never an extra inch anywhere in these trucks-or any new vehicle for that matter!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just saying that I wasn't sure if it was connected to the body and would stay in place or if it was connected to the frame and would need extended like my floor 4wd shifter. I knew they didn't have the console 4x4 shifter on the later gens. But I figured it would be along the same lines anyways.

Any progress yet?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM

Thanks everyone. I am still deciding on doing the BL. I will contact Performance Accessories today and ask them about this. Seems like the cable linkage will need some attention. I'll keep y'all updated.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 AM

So I called the guys at PA, they were super nice. They said they have installed many 2" BL on the console shift blazers, they claim the cable is long enough. I just need a way of installing it now as I live in an apt this yr.

Quick Reply: Body Lift Shift lever question