Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

budget lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
bigmatt1 is on a distinguished road
Default budget lift

i was goin to put a 6 inch superlift on my blazer but i think i will put something smaller for now until maybe in a few years i get my 6 inch. i saw that the 2 inch lift by rough country offers a 1 inch lift in back via shackles, and the front, upper control arms and torsion bar key.

i know i cant use blocks cuz that would lower my truck instead of lifting it since my axle is above my leafs. i have tried looking around on here for pics of blazers with just a 2 inch lift but cant seem to find any.

and also, to install a 2 inch body lift, how hard is it to install and what is the cheapest i can buy?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM

also, would i be able to put t-bars off of a zr2 in place of mine and still put the keys on?

Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 PM
TRX
Beginning Member
TRX is on a distinguished road

You can get a 2" Body lift for as low as $90 Dollars, which is normally only the lift blocks and hardware and leaves your bumpers down low which dont look to good. Performance Accessories has a nice 2" body lift which comes with the bumper brackets and other hardware. It isnt to hard to do if you follow the instuctions. Its more time demanding than anything. I did mine by myself in a weekend and thats without air tools.

Performance Accessories

I did a 2" Shackle Lift and 1 1/2 T-Bar Tweak without any aftermarket keys. The higher you go on the T-Bar lift the more punishment and wear you are going to put on your front end (CV Boots, Half Shafts, Balljoints etc).

I believe there is a thread somewhere in the Lift section where someone used ZR2 bars etc...

Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Yea but that's the thing, I don't feel like looking thru all kind of threads.

By puttin 2 inch shackles in the back, doesn't that make your truck un even since from the factory the rear is a little higher than the front?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
TRX
Beginning Member
TRX is on a distinguished road

Here is a thread about ZR2 Bars, got some decent info on it.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...2+Torsion+Bars

As for the difference in height between the front and back. When I did my 2" Shackles and then the T-Bar tweak, it leveled out for me. They say the max is 2" for the T-Bar, beyond that and you will be looking for troubles. There are a few threads on this, as well as a T-Bar tweak guide. I used the guide when I did mine. Its listed on the sticky section of this thread.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 PM

would you know how hard it is to put the body lift? and how long it takes?

Old 04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

The time it takes depends on if your alone or have help. And the shape of your truck. Mine is a 92 and with a friend that has done it before, it took about 7 hours with air tools. If not for stopping because of rain and beer breaks, you could say 4-5. But most take A little longer. The bodylift itself isn't hard, besides the removing the body bolts and installing spacer. It's just a slow process. Tear down, modding some lines and brackets, etc. No to be mean, but if you dont have the time to search through the threads and do research on the task your doing, maybe you should re think doin it. No offence, just saying. I know it sucks spending a few hours readin pages of threads, but it really pays off. Good luck on the install when and if you get to it!

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 04-03-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Body lifts can be easy, or a nightmare depending on if the bolts are corroded. On my Jeep they use nutserts, and they are placed into the under-body when it is made, so when they strip out, you have to cut a slot in the under-body to get it out & replace it. I haven't done my Blazer, so I am not sure what fasteners they use. Air tools are HIGHLY recommended, and a hot wrench is always helpful in a jam. Don't forget about extended brake lines & fuel filler if you need them, and lowering the radiator if needed.

Also, I would suggest, if you want to go bigger, do it now, or wait till you can. Why spend money & time on something you will be replacing later. As they say, go big, or stay home!

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 04-03-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:30 PM

that was my thought, to go big or go home. but the lift is bout 2000. gears would run me like 1000-1500. rims and tires would be round 2000. i can always take off what i put on and sell it. but for right now i want a lil something with the money i have.

instead of me buying a 2 inch lift kit, my dad and i bought different parts to lower his s10. 1 inch drop springs, 2 inch drop spindles, and 4 inch drop blocks. why cant i buy like 1 inch lift springs or spindles along with getting the torsion bar key and like 2 or 3 inch shackles for the back? do they even make these parts without buying a kit? because for the same price or cheaper, i can buy all these parts and go higher than spending 450 for a kit that only raises the front 2 inches and the back 1 inch. i'd like to raise the front about 3 and the back 2 and then put a 2 inch body lift..

Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 AM

Anyone want to help?

Quick Reply: budget lift