Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Buildn her up!!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
TireGrit is on a distinguished road
Default Buildn her up!!

Well, I've decided to take the plunge and modify the lift on the old Blazer. I have the 2" shackles ordered as well as a PA 2" body lift. Sucks they don't make a 3" for a 2000. I'll still be running stock rims and 235's for now. The tires are still fairly new. Anyone have this set-up on their blazer. Curious to know how it will look. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Here's Blue with no mods, although I currently have a Hunter bull bar...just not in this pic. Thanks again!!

Attached Thumbnails Buildn her up!!-blazer.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Starting Member
El Diablo793 is on a distinguished road

I am thinking exactly that setup is what I will be doing to my 99 Jimmy! I don't know how much you are cranking, but my t-bars are going to be 1.5" lifted...And as for tires, 30 or 31" is where ill be! =]

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

my ride is blue and 4 door just like yours...check out my build thread to get an idea

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...warthog-57213/

use it to go to my photobucket account...lots of pics

hope that helps.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
Default Updated

I have some updated pics. Right now I have the bull bar, cheapo lights on the bull-bar, T-bar cranked to 1.25" (5 turns) and the 2" rear shackles. The only pic I have including the rear shackles is the comparison pic with the stock blazer in it. I'll try to get a side view when its daylight and I have time. A few problems I had when removing the old shackles. When I went to lift the truck, I used a trolley jack to jack in front of each leaf spring before placing a jack stand in place. I was worried I wouldn't have enough clearance to drop the axle, so I cranked the jack up all the way on the passenger side first. Well, I noticed that instead of just raising the rear/right wheel up, I lifted the whole truck up so that both front and rear wheels were up in the air about 4-5 inches. It leveled the front wheel to the ground when I went around to do the other side, but the next day, I noticed that my stabilizer bar had broke loose from the lower control arm on the passnger side of the truck. I'm thinking I must have put too much stress on it lifting the truck as I did. No big deal, I fixed this with a quick trip to the junkyard today. Also, when I was hammering my 10 inch socket extention against the bottom shackle bolts on both sides, I ruined the threads. In a pinch, and for now, I replaced them with steel/zinc 1/2" hexbolts/nuts&washers from Lowes since they didn't have 13/16" hexbolts and the 5/8" hexbolts were too big. They are slightly smaller in diameter (same length which is 4-1/2"), but I put them in the bottom on each shackle, so I can replace them with the proper size later (probably another trip to the junkyard).

Attached Thumbnails Buildn her up!!-compare.jpg   Buildn her up!!-tbar-lites.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member

So, I'm planning on doing the PA 2" body lift this weekend. The instructions indicate ALOT of things that I have to disconnect before lifting the body. I figured I'd have to remove the front bumper and grill, the rear bumper, disconnect the air-intake duct and extend the fuel filler hose. IS ALL the other stuff really necessary to disconnect or can I get someone to just watch these listed items for "stretch" as I lift the body. How difficult/time consuming should I plan on??

Last edited by TireGrit; 04-07-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: display signature
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Beginning Member

Well, I am starting the BL today. We'll see how it goes. I'll try to take lots of pics for everyone. Wish me luck!!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I've been wanting to do this to mine. I don't have anyone to help me, so I'm reading up on it as much as I can. Get some good pics, and good luck!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Beginning Member
Default Coming along...

Today was productive to say the least. Didn't get as far as I wanted to, but I am following every direction (seemed excessive at times) and taking lots of pics to do a detailed build thread. Got all the lift blocks in place so far. Tomorrow, hopefully I can wrap up re-tightening the bolts with thread-locker and complete the re-install of the front and rear bumper. I'll try to attach a few pics now eben though I took around 15-20. I am glad I didn't run into any major issues. PB-Blasting the bolts two days ago clearly did the trick. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well. I'll have to check Okiedokie's thread on installing the rear bumper over the factory hitch mounts though. That has me worried a little. BTW...the pics here are only showing the drivers side lifted. Got too dark before I could take a picture of the passenger side lifted, but atleast you can compare the to sides..one lifted and one not.

Attached Thumbnails Buildn her up!!-img_0540.jpg   Buildn her up!!-img_0542.jpg   Buildn her up!!-img_0545.jpg  

Last edited by TireGrit; 04-09-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: to explain picture
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Looking Good!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member
Default Update

Well, aside from some adjusting my front bumper (a little lop-sided) and some cleaning up of the trimming of the 2 bottom holes on the front bumper, I have completed this project. Sorry it took so long to re-post...been busy with other things. I plan on doing a full build thread with lots of pics while also pointing out some problems I ran in to. Here is a pic of the finished BL. If you notice, i also painted the framerails black.

Attached Thumbnails Buildn her up!!-blazerpic.jpg   Buildn her up!!-blazerpic2.jpg   Buildn her up!!-framerail.jpg  

Last edited by TireGrit; 04-22-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: adding pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buildn her up!!