Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

difference in body lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
dsline is on a distinguished road
Default difference in body lifts?

i was just wondering if there was any more modifications to be done with a 3" body lift like the fan shroud and stuff over a 2" body lift? and i really dont wana mess my car up, so someone that reaLLY knows the truth is it ok to do a shackle/t-bar lift as long as you stay within the safe zone( 1-1.5 inches) cause i wanted to do the 2" which equals out to be like an inch and a half. just gettin ready to do both and wana be reassured. thank you everyone

Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, do you have a first gen (1994 and older) or 2nd gen (95 and on) blazer?

If you have a first gen, the 3 inch body lift is very straight foreward and not many hidden snags really. Myself and another person knocked it out in about 5 or so hours and thats at a lazy pace with spotty rain breaks and beer breaks. On a 2nd gen it can be done and I don't think it is much diffrent. Just you'll have to make your own bumper brackets no matter the model year you have. They don't make ANY for the first gen and only 2 inch bumper brackets for the 2nd gen. Just check all your wiring, (lights, brakes, etc) and take your time.

And with the shackles and tbar. Yeah it's pretty safe. Just keep an eye on your front suspension (cv boots, cv axles, idler and pitman arms, balljoints) and your tires to make sure your in alignment and not wearing your tread unevenly.

Ps on the body lift, only thing most people overlook is the body mounting points. There is two towards the back above the axle or nearby in that area that some people miss and can't figure out why the body won't seperate. And spraying some PB or other penitrating lube a few days before hands won't hurt anything either.