Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Drive shaft problems

Old 03-27-2019, 11:41 PM
Beginning Member
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road
Default Drive shaft problems

I have a 4 door 2002 with a 2.5inch lift. I have broken my front drive shaft for the second time. I believe coming from the output shaft, not exactly sure yet as it is going in the shop tomorrow. I go through some pretty damn rough **** every week, outlanding the outbacks of Canada to sum it up. I brake **** as to be expected. This being the second driveshaft to go I am having a 4x4 custom fab shop build me one. Any input from my fellow chevy brothas would be great

Old 03-28-2019, 04:27 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Are you breaking it at the cv joint by the tcase? Click the link in my sig. I swapped the tcase to fixed output, and got a double cardan driveshaft at the junkyard for about $52.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Lifting Tech* - Please read the forum descriptions and choose the appropriate section for your question. Technical discussions belong in either the 'Mechanical & Maintenance' or "Modifications' sections.