Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Fitting 31x10.5x15 tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by bowshooter1
I think my blazer sits higher than most cuz I have a sagging t bar on the passenger side and still sit high enough to clear 31 on 3.5 inch backspacing with minimal trimming and when parked beside myy budys zr2 with fully cranked t bars and 32s I only sit about 2 inches lower than him
I want to know the whole thing behind that man. I have the z85 package too. Is that what is making you sit taller? Wouldn't it be making me sit taller too? haha. I should go measure tomorrow. It has me curious.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
bowshooter1 is on a distinguished road

Idk make a thread asking people to post the height to the top of there fender and what mods they have done and whether they are z85 or not and u can settle it that way. Cuz I mean we have a factory add a leaf and u would think that gave at least an inch of lift so they would probly try and even up the front.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member
SpankDizm is on a distinguished road

So if i wanna put 31x10.50s on my '01, what size backspacing do i need? im looking at some procomp wheels on 4wheelparts.com and they have the same wheel with 3.75", 4", 4.5", 4.75", and 5" backspacing. Also, can i get 15x8s or do i need to stick with 15x7s?

Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Starting Member

I would stick with like 5 or 4.5 cuz if you go anymore than that its harder to fit bigger tires so unless you got the money to replace front end parts your not gonna want to go with wheels that stick out as far as mine

Old 02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Default .

Eh, you're pushing it with 15x8s. I had a set of camaro wheels I was trying to put on my blazer, the wheel was 17x9 and it would rub frame at 3/4 lock. But the problem with that wheel was backspacing. So if you find a 15x8 or 15x7, make sure it has 4.5 or lower backspacing. Also, to fit 31s, be prepared to trim the fenders a little bit.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok ok ok....so there are no real definite answer in here... A simple yes or no for my question please...lol

Can I run 31x10.5/15 BFG km2s on a 15x8 rim on my 97 4door LS with a full t-bar crank, 2" shackles and PA 2" BL?

Thanks in advance.....ive been reading all over and there are tons of contradicting information...
Turns out I'm not gunn a be able to get my BDS 5" lift this year.. Weak sauce.... So I wanna run ATLEAST a little taller in the mean time..

I'm about fork out a few thousand dollars for my summer car motor build so mod money is tight lol

Old 02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Starting Member

BSimple answer yes you should be fine running those tires with that lift. But where you said full tbar crank I woud not crank them to far or you will be tearing up ball joints and cv axles left and right. If you get a 2 inch body lift you shold be able to clear those tires with about an inch or inch and a half of t bar crank. And you might could clear them without cranking the t bars at all.
What I would do is get the body lift and put it on then get the tires and rims and puut them on and if you still need to crank the t bars do so

Old 02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by bowshooter1
BSimple answer yes you should be fine running those tires with that lift. But where you said full tbar crank I woud not crank them to far or you will be tearing up ball joints and cv axles left and right. If you get a 2 inch body lift you shold be able to clear those tires with about an inch or inch and a half of t bar crank. And you might could clear them without cranking the t bars at all.
What I would do is get the body lift and put it on then get the tires and rims and puut them on and if you still need to crank the t bars do so
I do all the work myself and can get the cv axles and ball joints for next to nothing through family member....that and I don't drive the blazer all year...just bad weather / winter... so im not worried about worn parts...

The rims r 15x8u with a 3" offset
Y would I b pushing it with those?

Last edited by 97Beater4WD; 02-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by 97Beater4WD
I do all the work myself and can get the cv axles and ball joints for next to nothing through family member....that and I don't drive the blazer all year...just bad weather / winter... so im not worried about worn parts...

The rims r 15x8u with a 3" offset
Y would I b pushing it with those?
Well, with cranking your torsion bars all the way up you do wear out front end parts faster, but it will also ride like a dump truck. Very rough. So you might want to look in to the 2 inch body lift if you don't like a rough ride. I have a 2 inch body lift with 31s and just had to cut some fender. So a lift and some fender trimming won't be too bad.

I was saying pushing it if your wheels don't have lower backspacing. If you have 15x8 wheels with a low backspacing, you'll be set.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tibby
Well, with cranking your torsion bars all the way up you do wear out front end parts faster, but it will also ride like a dump truck. Very rough. So you might want to look in to the 2 inch body lift if you don't like a rough ride. I have a 2 inch body lift with 31s and just had to cut some fender. So a lift and some fender trimming won't be too bad.

I was saying pushing it if your wheels don't have lower backspacing. If you have 15x8 wheels with a low backspacing, you'll be set.
Good to know about the wheels
As for rough ride....no worries...my summer car is on BC coilovers as low as they can go...used to it...

I have the PA 2" BL on order and getting 2.5" rear lift shackles made... I've trimmed my front valence as well... (all in my build thread)

Thanks for ur help...I was just wanting to know if they can fit with everything I'm doing...

Last edited by 97Beater4WD; 02-06-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Fitting 31x10.5x15 tires