Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Gambler28 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help!!!

I am ordering a 2" Rough country suspension lift for my 98 4 door Blazer. I am running 15x8 rims with a -19 offset. I am gonna put ion 31/10.50-15 Hankook RF10's. How bad is this going to rub?? What size fo tire am I going to need to rub to avoid modifications??
Maybe a 30/9.50-15??

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by Gambler28; 03-05-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

This topic is probably THE most discussed topic on the forum. But here we go again:

30x9.5 is the largest tire you can fit on STOCK height without issues.
31x10.5 should work fine with a 2" lift. You might have minor rubbing at full lock.

You didn't post if you have 4x4 or not. But if you do and you have rubbing issues you can just crank your tbars a bit in the front.
You must have after market rims do you? 15x8 is not a stock size...even still I wouldn't see much rubbing issues except at full lock.
Also, just out of curiousity (since I'm always confused why people do) why did you decide on a 2" SL? Why spend all that money for just 2" of lift? You know you could have gotten 2" of lift other ways like a shackle and tbar lift (as long as you have 4x4) for $50 or a 2" body lift for $150-200?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:22 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

If the aftermarket rims have backspacing deeper than 6" you will rub like crazy on the frame when the wheels are turned. Any shallower and you may rub the bottom rear of the front fenders when the wheels are turned.