Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

help with a lift for my 95 s-10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with a lift for my 95 s-10 blazer

I'm in need of some help. I want to put a 5" suspension lift on me blazer (highrider). I plan on remounting the rear springs on top of the axles. How can i lift the front without useing T-keys?

Old 05-28-2007, 01:36 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: help with a lift for my 95 s-10 blazer

Well if you want 5 inches of lift in the front t-bars arent going to cut it. Myself what i might reccommend is converting you truck to a solid front axle and then when making the brackets and spring hoops and whatnot get larger components to get more lift. Hmmmm, that just gave me an interesting idea, if you were to get a stock front and rear matched axles from a jeep cherokee or wrangler and a long arm lift kit for a cherokee you might be able to make some brackets and mount that on a blazer (might have to make a front spring hoop or canibalize one from another vehicle). That would be kinda cool actually.

Your only other option beyond that (that im aware of) is either of the 5-6 inch lift kits from bds suspension and superlift. IIRC those do a spring over axle conversion and drop the front axle down all in the same kit. Little exspensive but no matter what, if your going that high you will spend some $$$$.........ya know i wonder if you can order just the parts to the front from summit and lift the rear on you own. I know some items you can do that with but i never really looked.

Anyways those are some options to considder. If nothing else visit your local 4x4 shop and ask them for help or suggestions.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

RCars2, thanks for the responce. Do you know of some place that would sell the components seperately? I'm on a tight budget. Got to feed the kids so if you have any ideas and what parts i would need that would be great.
Thanks

Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i just checked summit and from the looks of it they split the kit into 3 kit groups. However each looks like they contain parts for the front so you may just be better off getting the whole kit or doing something custom. If you do go custom though you could try and mimic the superlift setup as they have nice pictures of all the parts on the summit webiste.

Looking at prices for the lift kits im seeing most are around $1800 so for what you are wanting to do costwise there there isnt too much available. Best i can recommend for cheap is spring over axle or shackles, t-bar crank, and a 2 inch body lift for a total of around 4 inches of lift and the most you would spend would be $300 on the high end for a body lift and whatever price you would spend if you went with shackles.

Wish i could be of more assistance but thats the best i got. You might want to send a PM to Jigg on this forum. He has a newer ZR2/highrider (the suspension is nearly the same) and i think hes running on 33" tires with at least 4 inches if not more of lift. He would know the best route to go and may have some suggestions that i dont.

EDIT: Here is the kit from summit's website http://store.summitracing.com/partde...ew=sku&Ns=