Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

I don't wanna spend all my money on a kit..please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude^ you just told my story.
I am 17 and I work at Hyvee hahaha

I look for parts mostly at swap meets...
But like this blazer I have, I've saved for 3 years to afford.
got it for 1200 bucks
but the tranny didn't shift higher than 2 gear so, I just got it rebuilt with the help of a loan.
So...yeah

The fact that I'm a senior getting his first car makes me wanna dive right into it.
but in reality I can't afford to pay for gas hardly with insurance/payments/other stuff..

SO I appreciate it guys, I've learned mostly what I know about cars from the family, but this forum has helped me tremendously with the BLAZER. )

Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Starting Member

whatta ya'll think of these add a leaf...kits claiming 2inches of lift in the back plus..its really cheap??
any thoughts
then adding the keys to the front?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx
whatta ya'll think of these add a leaf...kits claiming 2inches of lift in the back plus..its really cheap??
any thoughts
then adding the keys to the front?
Do you already have shackles in the back? Your last sentence in the very first post of this thread sounds like you do but I just want to be sure.

If your torsion bars are already maxed out, then new keys won't do much. The IFS can only handle so much and unless you relocate the ENTIRE front axle ($$$), you'll just run into problems.

To be completely honest though, if you can barely afford gas/ins and have to take out loans to pay for repairs, it would make more financial sense to just save your money. If your tbars are already maxed like you said, then it's only a matter of time until you start needing to replace parts.

I can understand being proud of what you own and wanting to customize it and make it your own and I know it may not sound exciting but being financially secure is a lot more satisfying than modding vehicles.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

X2. being financially sound is way better situation to be in then broke down with no money.
been there done that. now my vehicle will sit and its been months since ive done anything but i saved up. and i just dropped about $600 or so on some part.........

Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member
twisteds10blazer is on a distinguished road

That and your bitchin looking truck air riding to bitchin with busted ball joints on the side of the road not looking to cool then

Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Starting Member
Default Trying to piece together my own Rough country suspension lift

I've got the shackles and torsion keys.
I feel like its the upper control arms that alleviate the stress on the ball joints in the front or the shocks or something?
what else do I need to have my own Rough country lift?

minus the $430 total

Old 12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Starting Member

If im using 3" keys and 2" shackles do I wanna back down the tbar crank and let the keys do all the lifting if that makes sense??

Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I have merged yet another thread you've started on the same topic with the one you already have started. Please keep everything in this thread from here on out.