Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

larger caster camber adjustment cams?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default larger caster camber adjustment cams?

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket cams available? Searched for a bit & couldnt come up with anything. Have somewhere to be n all that jazz.

Went in for an alignment today & stood & watched as they are turned to the max, which is keeping my caster pushed to the rear a bit, causing a little tire rub on the sway bar at full lock. Talked to the tech & he said I got a six month warranty so get different cams then bring it back in. only problem seems to be i cant find any.

EDIT: still looking. I suppose it might help if I knew what the specs are for the factory cams. I have found two so far.

one from moog advanced auto part # K636, adjustable from plus or minus 1 1/8 Deg.

& one from the ac delco site part # 45K18022, adjustable from plus or minus 2 1/2 Deg.

EDIT 2: went back to sears & had them fiddle with it again. & this is what they sent me off with this time. I emailed a local place that might get to work on more " non factory" vehicles than sears. We'll see what they say.

EDIT3: lol, the guy i emailed never got back to me. looks like he doesnt want to help a guy out.

Last edited by jsmz; 12-23-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From the looks of it, the adjustment can be made if they'd just figure out how to do it. They moved the right tire over 1.5 degrees and got it to the high side of the spec. Seems they'd be able to do the same on the left...

The AC Delco adjusters sound promising. I believe the stock cams are +/- 1.25 degrees, but cannot find the spec at the moment...

Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 PM

yeah man, i dont know. I do have 6 months to figure this out though! The guy i was speaking about above emailed me back this morning after i sent him an email telling him that the idiots at sears were more helpful.

just wondering, on those printouts, is that left/ right as if your looking at the front of the vehicle or sitting in it? Because it is my drivers side tire that is hitting the sway bar at full lock.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I believe the maximum adjustment is +/- 2.5 degrees. I have larger aftermarket cam adjusters on my Blazer but I will have to ask my front end guy where he got them.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
I believe the maximum adjustment is +/- 2.5 degrees. I have larger aftermarket cam adjusters on my Blazer but I will have to ask my front end guy where he got them.
I was afraid of that being the stock size.

that would be AWESOME if you could find out where the aftermarket cams came from. Ive been looking high and low and best ive found is +/- 2.5.

Who would have thought that upping the front spring rate by 800 lbs would make this much difference. Crazy thing is.. these are not even the largest size s-series torsion bars, there is another set that is 500 lbs larger than these.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It should be L/R as seen from the driver seat looking forward.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:23 PM

Ahh yep, what I thought. Its IS those evil red numbers that are causing my full lock sway bar rub.