Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

leaf spring lifting

Old 12-30-2007, 09:54 PM
myronhntr80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default leaf spring lifting

I know the common manner of lifting the rear of our blazers is shackles. In my situation the rear of my blazer sits one inch lower than the front. Most likely due to spring sag. I am going to install eight inch shackles to lift two inches. And then crank the tb's so I can install the 31's I just ordered. I have read that you should not exceed eight inches on shackles. My thought is this... If you want more lift in the rear, why not cut off and build new mounts for the fixed end of the leaf pack that extend the spring mount an inch or so lower. So in theory if you install eight in. shackles and drop the front of the leaf one inch you get three inches of lift in the rear right? Any pro's/con's to this idea?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: leaf spring lifting

Yea the front spring hanger mounts. I don't know where you can buy them from though, I've only seen pics. You're right about the shackles, don't go any longer. Are the shocks ok out back?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to consider is that when you move the front mounts, you will have to double check your driveshaft length. When you lift with shackles, you minimally change the distance from trans output to diff input. With changing the front mount, this will cause a larger change in this distance. Just something to think about...

Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
myronhntr80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the thoughts. I am not looking for more than the two inches that I will get from the shackles. Just thought I would put out the question and see what input there was. I just got done a few hours ago with the shackle install. My tires will be in on 1-8-08. I will have them on asap. I can't wait.