Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Leveling front end

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Beginning Member
muntyv is on a distinguished road
Default Leveling front end

I recently lifted my 01 Blazer 4x4 LS 4dr with a 5" BDS 2" body lift and added leaf springs to the rear and put on some 35s

It is still got a little tilt because the leaf springs added about 3" instead of 2" like I hoped. I have had some rubbing issues with the 35s turning and hitting a bump even though I trimmed the fenders pretty well. In addition to trimming more, what choice should I pick for leveling out the front

BTW this rig is for purpose not just looks

Old 08-12-2012, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Well whatever car is parkerked behind it their roof gives the blazer a sweet hood buldge lol.
I can see where you need to trim the fenders more, that little angle should be more direct/straighter IMO.
Are those soft 8's or pro comps? Either way you may want to get different rims for the offset.
T bars are the way to level the front, possibly back the bolts out & re-set them equally. You will or should have to get an alignment afterwards however. But if doing that levels the front then I'd say it's worth it.
A little rake to a blazer is good IMO. Most after a few years have a saggy rear end & it helps with carrying loads/towing etc.

BTW do you mean level the front as in equal height side to side or the front rake it has?
As I said I love the slight rake, it looks really good IMO.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

The truck looks good! But as far as the rubbing issue up front, you have limited options. Your torsion bars may be able to be adjusted a tad bit depending on how close they are to being maxed out and also depending on alignment issues. The only other things I can think of would be changing out the wheels to a different backspacing like Rotti said or getting extremely stiff shocks for the front if yours are kind of mushy.