Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leveling kit?

At one point I was considering a suspension lift then I decided it might be too pricey right now and thought about a body lift. From looking at body lifts on blazers and just other trucks, i'd have to say i don't really like how they look. Recently I saw a guy in my neighboorhood's jimmy with a leveling kit and some mods. So im wondering, what might be the negatives of getting a leveling kit (only looking for 2inches).

Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Leveling kit?

I have also looked into leveling kits, and for the most part they are only new torsion bar keys. You can get the same thing by cranking your stock torsion bars. Even though the leveling kits say that they will maintain factory ride, thats not the case at all. Plus the extra wear on your front suspension.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Starting Member

So would the wear of a leveling kit be just as worse as it is when cranking torsion bars? or maybe more or less?

Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

maybe slighty less wear. im not sure which kit you're looking at but the smaller 2" susp lifts come with new upper control arms that are supposed to keep you from topping out.

i guess that means slightly less wear on your ball joints but your CV shaft angle is still increasing which will inevitably lead to faster wear.

i cranked my torsion bars about and inch to make it somewhat level-er and i dont feel much difference in the way it drives.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Starting Member

Has anyone noticed issues with their trucks after they cranked their torsion bars or used a leveling kit over time? Im just wondering how much damnge it my cause in the future. It might make sense to just get a suspension lift if its going to prevent front end issues in the future (might be cheaper in the long run if repair fees total over 600 for a suspension lift).

Old 12-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Starting Member

I guess leveling kits aren't that popular, from the information i've gathered online it puts your cv joints on an angle that causes wear. Does that sound right? If this is the case i'll just wait and eventually buy a 2" suspension lift to avoid any problems down the road.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ive heard that any suspension lift kit for a blazer that doesnt come with differential drop brackets will cause more cv wear..

Old 12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Starting Member

The one my friend was telling me to get included the brackets.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

If your ok with replacing your ball joints every couple years or so then the T-bar crank really won't affect you.

If that doesnt bother you then I say go for it!

Just check your front end every oil change.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
sportking is an unknown quantity at this point

how many inches is a full tbar crank on a 98 blazer?

Quick Reply: Leveling kit?