Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Lift Kit

What are you trying to achieve by lifting it? I've seen people ask for suggestions on how to lift it and once they do, they find they can't fit the size tire they were wanting.

Once you lift, are you going to get larger tires? If so, will you want new wheels?
You need to factor everything together so you know exactly what you'll need to do before you actually do anything.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 AM
BGwood88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just go with t-bar crank and lift shackles. its the cheapest.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

So many threads asking the same questions.
https://blazerforum.com/m_123415/tm.htm

Old 12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

i wanted some more clearance, maybe some bigger rims later on and tires. idk this is my first step. i guess i will just figure it out myself or forget about it.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Numba1Sean

i wanted some more clearance, maybe some bigger rims later on and tires. idk this is my first step. i guess i will just figure it out myself or forget about it.
While lifting it would push the truck up higher, you won't gain any real clearance without larger tires. The axle will still be in the same place as it was before lifting. Tires are what get you ground clearance. Lifting just allows room for bigger tires.

If you really just want the cheapest route, crank the t-bars and get shackles for the rear. Parts will wear out eventually even if you spend extra on a 2" kit from Rough Country or Superlift. Depending on age and how much longer you'll have the truck, you'll need to replace front end parts at some point.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

so what would be the largest before lift and then after lift? And no way am i going the cheap route, because cheaper isnt always better < learned the hard way.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread should tell ya what you want to know about what size tires you could fit both pre and post lift https://blazerforum.com/m_10637/tm.htm