Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:02 PM
jrmc1989 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy lift kits

hey just wanderin were is a good place to find a lift kit i cant seem to find one i have a 2000 4wd 4 door blazer all input is welcome thanks

Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

First off...please read all board descriptions. This particular post belongs in the board dedicated to lifting called "Lift Tech".

And you obviously haven't looked AT ALL....because there are sooo many lift kits out there lol.

What are you looking for? Body lift? suspension lift? shackles?....you need to specify more what you're looking for. How much lift? price range?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 PM

yea ill be honest iv got know idea wat im doin on this site it confuses me im not good wit computers but yea i wanna 2inch body lift to start and iv looked but all i seem to find is lifts for the 2 door every time i search for mine i find nothin

Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jrmc1989
yea ill be honest iv got know idea wat im doin on this site it confuses me im not good wit computers but yea i wanna 2inch body lift to start and iv looked but all i seem to find is lifts for the 2 door every time i search for mine i find nothin

www.ebay.com that will have your body lift , just search 2" body lift blazer

thats gonna run you right around 200 bucks

want to go cheaper?

a 2" shackle in the rear and a torsion bar crank will run you 45 bucks

Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member
jjsmith1228 is on a distinguished road

hey guys am about to put a lift kit on my 2000 s10 blazer will i have to to replace the drive shaft or break lines and is there any thing eles lz let me know asap

Old 03-15-2010, 10:41 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jjsmith1228
hey guys am about to put a lift kit on my 2000 s10 blazer will i have to to replace the drive shaft or break lines and is there any thing eles lz let me know asap
That should have been a new thread but same goes for you. What size and lift and who is it made buy. Most sites will tell you what you need.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh I wouldn't do ebay for a body lift got my 3" BL from summit racing for $61 only thing missing was bumper brackets but I had other plans for that anyways so no loss to me but important info for someone wanting to retain stock bumpers.

Edit: I really need a new sig so ya'll can see what it looks like now lol

Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

People who are posting about lift kits - you really NEED to specify what you are looking for. We can't help you if you just say you want a lift kit...there are many different types and sizes. 3 main types are body lift, suspension lift and tbar/shackle lift. They range anywhere from 2"-6" in lift. The price goes anywhere from $60-$2500, so you can see the massive range you have to choose from.

Now...to the OP - As Spectre said ebay is your best bet for a body lift. I know lots of people who have used the ebay lifts without issue. You should be able to find a 4dr one easily since there are LOTS of 4drs with body lifts on the forum. They obviously got them somewhere. A good body lift kit is anywhere from $150-$200 as he said also. If you don't have that kind of cash pick up a set of 2" shackles for $50. Then you can crank your tbars in the front for free and voila, you have 2" of lift. Not to mention it will look bettr then a body lift and you will actually gain ground clearance (unlike a body lift where you're only lifting the body).

And to jjsmith - Please refer to NVANZEE's reply. Do no hijack other peoples posts, it is rude and against the rules. If you have a question about lifting read around the forum first as there is plenty of documentation on different types of lift kits. If you still haven't found your answer please post it in YOUR own thread. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

The Performance Accessories 2" body lift is for both 2 and 4 door vehicles. If you have a 4 door use all the supplied blocks....have a 2 door? throw 2 blocks away. At least it was when I bought mine off ebay. Go to Ebay, or summit, or really any other auto parts site and serch for your vehicle year+ body lift.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Default thanks

thanks for all the help guys o and as for shackles i can get them at any auto store right ??? or do i got to order them

Quick Reply: lift kits