Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifted Bumper Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Starting Member
JS_blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Lifted Bumper Bracket

Does anyone by chance have pictures of a 1st gen 3" lift bumper bracket and/or a 2nd gen 2" lift bumper bracket?

I am putting a 1st gen bl on my 2nd gen and I'm going to fab some brackets. I just want a picture of each to go by and I can't seem to find any on google.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JS_blazer
Does anyone by chance have pictures of a 1st gen 3" lift bumper bracket and/or a 2nd gen 2" lift bumper bracket?

I am putting a 1st gen bl on my 2nd gen and I'm going to fab some brackets. I just want a picture of each to go by and I can't seem to find any on google.
I made my own bumper brackets for my 1988 Blazer... Let me find my camera lol
Ok.. here they are....

This is how I lifted the rear bumper about 3".. It's just a flat bar 3.5" wide. I didn't have to drill in the frame or bumper because I used the stock holes. (I found the flat bar in the back yard so it's a bit "weathered" lol

And this is how I lifted the front bumper. Nothing fancy. I just took the bottom bumper holes and lined them up with the top holes on the frame. You're gonna need a spacer between the bumper and the frame cause the bumper has a lip on the bottom. (or you can just grind the lip off, either way it works.) I will probably eventually put a flat bar to support the top of the bumper.

Last edited by tony991; 11-03-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Starting Member

You sir, are THE man. I thank you vvvveeeerrrryyyy much. This is uber helpful!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I did mine similar to that as well for my first gen. I drilled and bolted the rear bumper bracket to mount on top of the frame. Then used steel plates to bolt to the frame, then to that side bracket you see in Tony's pic. That made it pretty strong. For the front I cut the frame horns off from the frame and re-welded them 3" higher. Then added bracing behind the horn back to the frame to re-gain some strength. Many ways to skin a cat!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Starting Member

Tony, can you explain how you did the front bumper some more? I'm not exactly sure I understand.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by JS_blazer
Tony, can you explain how you did the front bumper some more? I'm not exactly sure I understand.
You have a 1995 so your front bumper is different than my 1988. Looking at my LMC catalog it looks like all you would have to do is put a 2"-3" spacer (depending on what body lift you have) between the bumper and the bumper bracket.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=31
(I'm referencing the bottom section of the page)
See #22.. It looks like you can put a spacer where those two bolts go through. So you would have to make 4 spacers all together. Two for each side. You probably won't be able to use the "bumper brace"(#19) anymore so just take that off. It looks like it might be pretty easy to raise but I'm just looking at the book. Hopefully this helps...

I'll look at my 2001 Blazer tomorrow when it's daylight and not raining. Your 1995 is about the same...

Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Did you ever make those bumper brackets?? If you should post pictures of how you made them incase someone else is wondering how to raise their bumpers on a 1st gen.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
Beginning Member
kfouad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
I did mine similar to that as well for my first gen. I drilled and bolted the rear bumper bracket to mount on top of the frame. Then used steel plates to bolt to the frame, then to that side bracket you see in Tony's pic. That made it pretty strong. For the front I cut the frame horns off from the frame and re-welded them 3" higher. Then added bracing behind the horn back to the frame to re-gain some strength. Many ways to skin a cat!
Do you have pics for this?

Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Check my last post on my build thread. 2001 jimmy sls.
I utilized the hitch but you ccan use a piece of steal instead. And weld it better then mine lol. Or you can bolt the bumper to the flat plate and bolt it to the frame.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Beginning Member
kfouad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Can you please post some pics, i lifted my K5 a week ago and still trying to figure out the bumpers issue ))

Quick Reply: Lifted Bumper Bracket