Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
jdblazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lifting

I just wanted to thank you for serving our country and welcome home.[sm=patriot.gif]

Just my opinion; I think I would want to use a little wider then stock rim with 12.5's

Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

...Post pics too. WE like LOVEpics. ...

Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 PM
*TLR* is an unknown quantity at this point

i will definately post some pics come saturday......... i got the fender flares from www.pickupsupply.com ill double check the site when i get home

Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: jdblazin

I just wanted to thank you for serving our country and welcome home.[sm=patriot.gif]

Just my opinion; I think I would want to use a little wider then stock rim with 12.5's
General rule of thumb is 4"-4.5". The tire can be a maximum of 4.5" wider then the rim. Your stock rim is 7", that puts your max tire width at 11.5", 12.5 are too wide for your rim. Another thing to do is check with the tire manufacture, they have recommended rim dimensions for every tire they make. Most have that info posted on-line at their website.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:39 PM

well how about this.....should i get new rims...not interested in anything fancy....if so what do you pro's recommend....what size rim and what size back spacing

Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 PM

ok update i am currently searching for a 15x8' rim with the stock 5x4.75 bolt pattern this is what i have found so far.....i dont know the backspacing yet though
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000396327/mediaCode-ZX/appId-11269760/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000039632711269760

Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i like those wheels. it doesnt say how much backspacing is on them though. 4WD have 6" backspacing and 2WD have 4" backspacing

Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM
jdblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Even at 11.5" on a 7" rim you will get that donut or balloon look. Do you want 12.5" wide for the "stick out"look or the over all foot print? If for the look, I would suggest going with a little bit narrower tire and a rim with less backspace and this will push your tires out. You might even save some $. I personally like the black steel rim look and am currantly debating on either the American Racing AR-767 or the Cragar CRR3425734. Good luck man!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Check out www.synergyoffroad.com for wheels for your truck. They have wheels for your truck with the correct backspacing. I would def go with a 8" wide wheel.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM

well i already ordered the ones without the back-spacing before i seen those....worse comes to worse ill sell locally and re-order the ones from synergy with the 4.5 back-spacing....oh well what can you do.......im sure everthing will work out...i did order some wheel spacers 5/16th thick maybe that will lend a helping hand we will see I STILL HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED THE PROJECT YET......saturday ill get it over to a lift bay at the auto craft center on fort drum new york. i will start with the suspension lift. they have ASE certified mechanics there to hand assistance. they already said they would do the little bit of welding involved at no charge.

Quick Reply: Lifting