Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Truck

Here it is, its a 1995 Blazer LT 4dr 4wd if you couldn't tell... lol. I baught her for $750 with brand new toyo open country a/t. It needed a pitman arm, idler arm, ball joints, front driveshaft seal, and a hub for the front right tire. Oh, can't forget the motor mount i have sitting on my back seat. Here she is stock.

Here she is with the 2" PA Body lift.

I also have 2" shackles sitting here in front of me and plan on doing a tbar crank. Also my 33" Toyo Open Country M/T's that came today. They will be mounted on the Cragar Soft 8's that are sitting in my bedroom.

I am aware that i will need massive fender trimming. The truck is pretty much in ship shape other than a few minor things that are more pet peeves. my rear bumper is slightly bent for some odd reason, i have a patch of surface rust on my hood and on my driver side passenger door. In the future i would like to find some zr2 fender flares and hopefully find a way to make them fit. My final plan for now is to paint/rhinoline the frame rails soon. Watch out for updates on the shackle/tbar crank! thanks for looking.[/align]

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: My Truck

VERY nice! I love those Toyo M/Ts! I like the look with the body lift on too..makes it look much more truck like I think

Did you put on the BL yourself? Or pay a shop?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

33's are alot to put under there. You should look at Rcars2. He has pretty much the same setup.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good!!! 33's shouldn't be to hard to fit.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

VERY nice! I love those Toyo M/Ts! I like the look with the body lift on too..makes it look much more truck like I think

Did you put on the BL yourself? Or pay a shop?
Yeah the toyo's are a great looking tire, cant wait untill i actually get my license to drive them, well, REALLY, put them to the test since i only have my permit and mom isnt up for wheeling, but im sure dad would be since he used to have a 67 bronco on 44's haha!. Yes my 16 year old self, with father supervision!! did the body lift, btw my father is a mechanic so im pretty inclined for my age.

ORIGINAL: willjones

33's are alot to put under there. You should look at Rcars2. He has pretty much the same setup.
yeah, Rcars2 and sledhead16's (i beleive his name is on this forum. R.I.P To his truck...) were basically my motivation.

ORIGINAL: Millertime21

Looks good!!! 33's shouldn't be to hard to fit.
yeah im really not to concerned. hell with the pretty penny i paid for those tires, there gonna fit! haha. one tire costed more than the bl and shackles put together lol

Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

You will fit them with fender trimming in the front!! You don't have to trim alot just enough for turning and bumps!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

You will fit them with fender trimming in the front!! You don't have to trim alot just enough for turning and bumps!!!
if i plan on being offroad i do lol.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

You might need to still trim your fenders.. Because when you got in reverse and turn the wheel you will hear the wheels rubbing on the fenders. I have a 6" lift with 32's and I had to modify my fenders a little.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait to see it with the tires on it. I am still waiting to do a bd lift then get some tires. how did you like the open country A/ts. I hear a lot of good things about them and I am possibly going to look at getting a set of those.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM

nj4x4blaze, i know im going to be trimming alot lol.

jphayes the toyos are great, id recomend any toyo tire.

Quick Reply: My Truck