Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Need advise on a lift!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Starting Member
Jaygonzales92 is on a distinguished road
Default Need advise on a lift!

Hello! I have a 2001 2 door 4X4 blazer, trying to find a 6" lift kit but everything online says it wont fit, or only fits 4 doors. Hoping to run into some one who has lifted one of these or mote knowledgeable than myself and can lead me to the correct kit, thank you!!

Old 04-28-2024, 12:44 PM
Starting Member
012blaze is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jaygonzales92
Hello! I have a 2001 2 door 4X4 blazer, trying to find a 6" lift kit but everything online says it wont fit, or only fits 4 doors. Hoping to run into some one who has lifted one of these or mote knowledgeable than myself and can lead me to the correct kit, thank you!!
If you find anything let me know. I'm also looking. Ide like to know why the rough country Blazer lift wouldn't work on a two-door. I would like to know why it will not work. I tried reaching out to rough country but no response

Old 05-12-2024, 02:42 AM
DEADMETAL is on a distinguished road

I called rough country suspensions and asked the tech dept why the 6 inch non torsion drop wouldn't fit and I was told that it has something to do with the torsion bar and torsion key crossmember. They wouldn't tell me exactly why it wouldn't fit, but if you're a good mechanic and an awesome fabricator then there is a possibility that it can be made to work.
This is rough country suspensions direct phone number
800-222-7023
And you have to ask to talk to the tech dept because nobody else has any clue of why it won't fit.

I have this other idea, fullsize trucks and blazers with their suspension lift kits, why wouldn't one for a half ton 88-98 chevy 4x4 work if you downsized the brackets to fit the s10 blazers and trucks. For example a certain 1 ton idler arm upgrade for the s10 trucks and blazers, I built it in two hours and all just off a picture. So why couldn't someone who can fabricate make a fullsize lift kit work on the second gens???

Old 05-13-2024, 09:15 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
...if you're a good mechanic and an awesome fabricator then there is a possibility that it can be made to work...
It's true, that if you're a good fabricator you could probably adapt a different kit to work on the Blazer. The challenge is that many of us don't have that skill, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough demand for companies to want to make bolt on kits. In the past Superlift, BDS, Rough Country, and others have made various kits but most of them have stopped.