Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Need Help and Advice on Shackle lift and more

Old 02-14-2010, 06:34 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help and Advice on Shackle lift and more

Hey everyone, ive got a 2001 BlaZeR2 and am getting paid tomorrow and want to buy lift shackles and do a T-Bar crank.

I have no idea what shackles to buy for my blazer though, im not going to make my own cause i dont have the skills, so i want to buy something online. What have other people used for shackles? should i buy new hardware also?

Also, what do i need to do the T-Bar crank? is it just a couple of wrenches or do i need a special tool?

i know this topic has been covered a couple times but i can't seem to find the info i need....feel free to post up links to threads that cover this info

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

you cant seem to find the info for this.... really

you dont even have to run 'search' to find the info on that... literally click anything... chances are it will mention it.

not to be a jerk... but
really?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 PM

ha well i can find info on them just not the info i want lol

Old 02-14-2010, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

go to the tech section (DIY) part...

it has a how-to t-bar crank with pics.

as for the shackles get the ebay ones you see in every shackle thread
hardware = put new bushings on if you can't save the old ones, or if you are interested in doing a proper install

Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABN31B
go to the tech section (DIY) part...

it has a how-to t-bar crank with pics.

as for the shackles get the ebay ones you see in every shackle thread
hardware = put new bushings on if you can't save the old ones, or if you are interested in doing a proper install
X2 on what he said, especially the new hardware. It's not pricey & will make a world of difference in safety to say the least. Also if you don't mind a slightly stiffer ride get polyurethane bushings, they'll last a lot longer.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Hey everyone, looking into buying these shackles tomorrow what do y'all think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Old 02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran

yeah they look like the standard shackles that you'd find on eBay. With the emblem they look a little different & thats cool. The pic doesn't make the material "look" like 1/4" plate, nor do the bolt holes "look" like they're 9 1/6" like they're supposed to be... probably just the way they came out in the pic is all.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i'd do the 2" shackle. i don't know if the added inch would add that much more stress or not, also in the front you won't be able to compensate for that inch. the t-bars can only go so far before you wear like crazy, 1.5 in the front and a 2" shackle will have a little nose dive but nothing noticable, i think the 1.5" of nose dive with the 3" shackle might be more noticable, just my 2 cents

Old 02-15-2010, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
i'd do the 2" shackle. i don't know if the added inch would add that much more stress or not, also in the front you won't be able to compensate for that inch. the t-bars can only go so far before you wear like crazy, 1.5 in the front and a 2" shackle will have a little nose dive but nothing noticable, i think the 1.5" of nose dive with the 3" shackle might be more noticable, just my 2 cents
2" shackle adding stress? maybe im misreading this but a 2" shackle does nothing more than raise the body of the rear 2", possibly new shocks, gas filler tube addition, not so sure about the filler tube, have to look

"also in the front you won't be able to compensate for that inch. the t-bars can only go so far before you wear like crazy" <--- agreed, some say they've had 2" t bar cranks & no issues, personally i wouldn't want to go that far & just for that reason

as for the nose dive - i've seen many blazers that seem to be squating/rear lower than front, mine included

yeah 3" in the rear & only 1.5" in the front would be a bit much unless you have tired springs up front or in the rear

Old 02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i was thinking added pressure on the leafs from the extended distance on full compression offroad. thats where i was figuring greater distance would equal greater stress

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help and Advice on Shackle lift and more