Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

NEED HELP getting 31" on a 2000 Blazer 4dr 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Beginning Member
slickvic863 is on a distinguished road
Default NEED HELP getting 31" on a 2000 Blazer 4dr 4wd

Hello people,

I am new to these whole threading deal. I was wondering if any one could help me out. I have a 2000 Blazer LS 4 door 4wd that I am trying to put on 31" on it. I was going to go and get the rough country 2" suspension lift kit but they told me that I wouldn't fit perfect that I would have you do some mods to it and that something I didn't want to do. I am planning to to a body lift but for that I need to replace my shocks and ball joints. Any suggestions. Also, have any one use the MAXXCam RS from wwww.suspensionmaxx.com if so are they worth it.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

im sure some of the 4wd guys could help you more then i can but im sure if you do a t bar crank and shackles you could fit 31s but you might have to cut your fenders a little bit

Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I JUST put 31's on my truck...stock heigh. I cranked the tbars about an inch in the front. I still have rubbing issued at full lock and sometimes when I hit a big bump around and turn causing the truck to twist, but it's not that often. I'd say save your money instead of waisting it on a 2" suspension lift and spend $50 on 2" shackles, crank your tbars and you're good to go. If you want extra clearance spend $200 on a 2" body lift, and even still you'd be cheaper then a 2" suspension lift (with less work) and wind up getting ~4" of lift. Just my

BTW - Why would you need to replace your ball joints and shocks for a BL? Are they bad?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea I have shackles and a tbar crank with 31's cost me $30

Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm a big believer that SL's are a HUGE waste of time and money unless you're going 4" or above (ie 6" superlift). A 2" is so pointless when you can get the same amount of lift for sooo cheap.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys,

the ball joint haven't been replace on the vehicle. I got it use and as for the shocks it need to new ones cuz the ones on it are warn out. Are y'all using the existing t bar or and aftermarket ones. As for the shocks should i use shocks with a 2 inch lift such as the rough country shocks. Should i add a steering stabilizer as well.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran

You use the existing tbars. There are two bolts located underneath around where your front seats are (you cant miss them) just turn them to lift it. Don't waste your money on tbar keys either. There's no need for them.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Beginning Member

Ok how many turns should i go then and should a get the rear shackles and what size rear shackles.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran

Typical rule of thump is 4 complete turns = 1" of lift. You don't want to crank them higher then 1.5-2" though and definitely don't max them out or you'll be going through ball joints like they're candy.
You'd wanna get 2" shackles (the most common and easiest to find). Just go to ebay and search "2000 blazer 2" shackles" and you should be able to find them no problem.

BTW - There's a tbar crank tutorial here: https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/how-t-bar-crank-37078/

Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks any suggestion on the shocks. Cuz i may end up doing the bl with new balljoints and shackle and have my mechanic tweak the t bars as well as replace the shocks. Looking at rough country nitro 9000 or maybe rancho rs9000x as well as a steering stabilizer.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP getting 31" on a 2000 Blazer 4dr 4wd