Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

New user lift help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 PM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

The way i see it if your wanting to fit a 32' or bigger your gonna need a 7" lift or more if you dont wanna do a single bit of trimming. your Issue is not the height its the width of your fenders too fit the tire. I actually dont think you can even do that cause your gonna flex and hit.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:20 AM
ecksrichecks is on a distinguished road

I think it depends on the tire and rim combo weather or not 32's will fit. Tire width I feel effects this a lot. But I'll settle for like.. 265/65R16's (31.65), close enough to 32's.

BUT MY ORIGINAL QUESTION.. TELL ME WHAT LIFTS YOU'VE OWN, WHICH ONES I SHOULD/SHOULD NOT GET!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Ecksrichechks, just for reference for you, I'm running 265/70/17's which measure 31.6" tall. Basically a 32" tire. With my current rim and spacer setup I have 5.5" backspacing, and I have a 2" bodylift and about 1.5" from turning my t-bars up and an add-a-leaf in the rear. I've been running on this t-bar height for 4 years now without any problems. I have trimmed a 2" wedge from the rear of the front fender to keep from rubbing there, and I do rub the frame when turning at full lock. I'm pretty confident that another 1/2" less backspacing or another 1" more lift would solve that problem.

I have been toying with getting the RC 2.5" lift so I can get another inch or so of lift, which would keep me from rubbing at full lock.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 AM

thanks El Beautor, I was think about the 2.5 RC as well, and a 2 inch body lift. maybe if I do a little less aspect, a lil more side wall, so it's not as wide of a tire? I've read plenty of people run 32's (depends on tire and spacing I guess) without running off of 4-5 inch of lift. I feel like that extra meat (10.5 wide+) is the main reason it rubs.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The width definitely plays into it. For me the pizza cutter tires (tall & skinny) just don't look right, so a 10" width was a must for me. When you're considering other people running 32's keep in mind that at least a fair number of them are running ZR2's. The ZR2 has a bigger wheel well and different shaped frame around the front wheel that allows for 32's without any major modifications.

All that being said, 32's are definitely possible without spending a ton of cash, but I seriously doubt you'll be able to do it without trimming the back of your front fender unless you lift more than 4". Keep us informed with your plans and post up pictures of the progress! Helping each other is the whole point of our community.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:48 AM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

33x10.5 fit fairly easy with a 2'' body, 2.5RC lift if you do some decent amount of trimming upfront. if you are using stock backspacing wheels you wanna get wheel spacer's so you dont rub on your frame doing a close to full lock turn

Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the help guys. And I'll be posting pics as soon as I get going on this (no promises when. haha) But yeah, I found out zr2's have the biggest wheel wells AFTER I bought my jimmy -_- Oh well.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Beginning Member
Danielsmith914 is on a distinguished road
Default 2.5 rc

im in the middle of putting my 98 jimmy back together, doing the rc 2.5 lift. Im not trying to discourage you, just giving you a heads up! you could probably get away without dropping and trimming the front diff, but it would prob lead to cv failure. If you are going to do this lift, i would recomend getting a new pitman/idler arm. new lower joints, and go ahead and replace the other tie rods too. This is my first chevy, and i might not know some tricks, but i had to take the gearbox loose(which wasnt a big deal cause i replaced pitman arm anyway) and cut the lower rear diff support just to get the diff out. Im not sure the differences between my jimmy and a blazer. Im sure they are pretty close. I will post some pics when i get done (hopefully this afternoon). Im thinking maybe a 2" body lift later...maybe.