Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

put my zr2 torsion bars in today

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well try it out since you already stole parts off of one. Should be easy to grab the control arms for a comparison. If they really are 1" longer, that may be too much.

I'll respond to your other thread on the caster issue.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

After rereading a few of the posts I was wondering if the torsion keys are different? Maybe they are clocked at a different angle? Seeing as how the torsion bars are a lot stiffer they might have clocked them at a slightly lower angle to account for this. Just a thought.

Maybe a set of lowering keys?

Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

lol lowering keys. i never thought this is what i would be running through my head !

that very well could be true about the indexing of the keys, Z vs non Z. Its hard to compare though. ZR2 blazers are rare around here, very rare. There isnt a zr2 in a junk yard for hundreds of miles. I had to order these ZR2 parts from 400+ miles away.

Last edited by jsmz; 12-24-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 AM

I was looking at Autozone today and just goofing off. I came across these offset bushings to provide additional caster and camber adjustments. It might be worth looking into.

Click: Control Arm Bushings

Part# FB454

Old 12-25-2009, 10:59 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

found this site today, www.readylift.com

they make forged torsion keys (with upto 2.5" lift. maybe they'd have what is needed?

Old 12-25-2009, 12:20 PM

I looked on superlift, & didnt see anything for our blazers unfortunately.

96Blazernut, nice find! That just might be what I end up doing. Ill have to wait until warmer weather to do that. CA bushings require a little too much time ... & i have no garage! lol.

I do have an free "consultation" with a guy that runs a speed shop here in town, set for next Wednesday. Hopefully he can come up with something a little less time consuming to get me by until spring time.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:30 PM

Hey JS not a problem! I was digging thru the site to see if they carried the poly bushings cause I want to redo mine this spring sometime. Glad I could be of assistance.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:07 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
I was looking at Autozone today and just goofing off. I came across these offset bushings to provide additional caster and camber adjustments. It might be worth looking into.

Click: Control Arm Bushings

Part# FB454
i must be missing something. when i looked @ that on the site, it showed that it was "not available" to send to a store or ship to your home.

looks like it might help do the trick, if you could get your hands on it.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:28 AM

I didn't see that when I first looked at them, although they it looks like you could get them.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 PM

nevermind.

Last edited by jsmz; 01-02-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: stupid

Quick Reply: put my zr2 torsion bars in today