Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

put my zr2 torsion bars in today

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I just added this information to the How-To: T-bar Crank article. Great info!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

oh cool. haha too bad in that picture i have the big skid plate backwards

Old 01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Might as well try it out since you already stole parts off of one. Should be easy to grab the control arms for a comparison. If they really are 1" longer, that may be too much.

I'll respond to your other thread on the caster issue.
did anyone find out if the zr2 control arms would solve the angle caused by the zr2 tosion bars on a regular blazer?

Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
I was looking at Autozone today and just goofing off. I came across these offset bushings to provide additional caster and camber adjustments. It might be worth looking into.

Click: Control Arm Bushings

Part# FB454
these bushings are avalible in my area. can anyone verify they solved the problem. Anyone need some shipped to them?
FB331
FB411
Part Number:
Part Number:
3.3119R
3.3119G

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-11-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: part #
Old 04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
airwak is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Z85 = Handeling/trailoring package (stiffened rear end)

lastly, Z85 was only offered on S10 PU's, not Blazers
Anyway the Blazer had the Z82 option in it's place...

Also "TrailBlazer" 2 gen blazers came with the Z85 standard FYI.
I was interested in looking at my suspension and rpo's today. I measured my torsion bars and have the 29.36 thick ones, a little sturdier then the standard. I looked up my vin on compnine.com and found I have those because I have the z85 suspension package upgrade on my blazer. But then saw this post, so how is that?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Anyway the Blazer had the Z82 option in it's place...
Maybe that's it?! Someone that got that blazer from the dealer opted for that option.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
airwak is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Maybe that's it?! Someone that got that blazer from the dealer opted for that option.
Maybe compnine doesn't distinguish between the two (z85/z82)? I can't confirm either way because the list isn't in my glove box.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Write down your VIN # & google a GM Vin Decoder. You might have to try a few before you get one that has a more detailed description of what your vehicle came with. I know someone posted one in here somewhere so try a search in here 1st.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

ok guys im wondering since i cant check my suspension i have a 2000 slt jimmy 4 door i replaced the rear springs from a s10 with the z85 pack and converted it into a basterd pack with a extra add a leaf and a ford heavy duty pre load spring. my torsion bars are sagging alot from the weight and from the years of abuse. i have after market torsion keys in it and the bolt maxed out and its not sitting level. do u all know where u can get the torsion bars besides gm? i want new torsion bars for height and offroad. what size does the zr2 come for diameter?

Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Gitch,
this thread is almost a year old. i read a little bit of it and from what i gathered, the torsion bars are all the same length. you can look back on the first page where all the part numbers are and you can find out which ones your have, assuming that you can read the part number on your bars. as far as where you can get them, you might have some luck at a good parts house that can order what you want/need. other than that, i would pick and pull or the dreaded dealership. try a search on google, you might hit a gold mine, you just never know.

Quick Reply: put my zr2 torsion bars in today