Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and cooper stt

Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM
priesman64 is on a distinguished road
Default Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and cooper stt

Well I havent been on this forum much because I didn't have any projects on my blazer yet lol but now that i've got some goodies I'll be on here quite a bit.

Heres what I have:

I've got the rough country 2.5 inch lift along with their steering stabilizer thats going on it. I'm going to replace shackle bushings because i'm sure they won't come out freely with 161k of Ohio salt and crap and i'm also going to replace sway bar bushings too. Any pointers of what brand to get or not get? Should I replace lower control arm bushings while i'm doing this?

As for the rubbers, I've got some 31 10.50 15 cooper stt diggers that I've got wrapped around some Crager Quick Tricks that i'll probably replace because they are steel and are starting to rust from the lug nuts but they look good still.

I'm throwing the ZR2 front diff and rear axle/diff combo under it while everything is out to get some mileage back with the 3.73 ratio and the G80 locker unless people tell me otherwise. That and the fact that it'll widen the rear end out.

As far as what I've got done on my blazer its just got HID's and a JL subs and decent kenwood headunit. Oh and some 5% tint on the fronts and 1% on the back.

Any tips on the lift and or other ideas on what I should do to this thing are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Attached Thumbnails Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and cooper stt-img_20120825_141714.jpg  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Do a search about the stabilizer a couple guys have been talking about it causing damage to the oil pan the last few days.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Once its on wouldnt i notice if it was rubbing? it says to mount it and look to see if its hitting at full turn but i will search.

Anything about the rough country lift having to modify the y pipe to fit front drive shaft?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Well the lift is coming along. Decided to have new bushings and ball joints pressed into my lower arms while it was torn apart. Had one torsion bar seized into the key but I got it out once I dropped the crossmember to work on it easier. The biggest issue I had was removing the front diff. What a PITA. 4-6 hours to install, yeah right. Must've been a new blazer with no rust or corrosion what so ever.

As of right now I've got my diff on the ground (after wrestling with it for a few hours) and just got back my arms from getting the bushings done. Hopefully tomorrow I can throw the front end together and put the steering stabilizer on it and see if it'll rub.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 AM

lift is done and tires are on. waiting for a tire alignment and rear sway bar link that broke off thanks to some rust. pictures soon to come.

oh and my steering stabilizer doesnt rub so i'm not sure how other peoples did

Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well its good to hear that its not rubbing on anything! Get pics up soon!!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of replacing the parts in my front end and was told I need to pick up a new bushing kit for the upper control arms for my rough country lift. Any know what size I need, or where I can find them? I was told stock bushings are not the right size and was told I need ones specific to the kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

... And if it helps in any way, I have a 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4

Last edited by svd85; 10-11-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added More Information
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM

not sure why you would have to replace the ones that rough country sent in them. they need pressed out. i replaced mine with energy suspension urathane ones just because i did my lowers too.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

Ever get this lift done? Love to see an "after" shot of it.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM

Yes I did lift went pretty decent actually. I'd say the hardest and most time consuming part about the whole thing was getting the rear lift shackles in and dropping the front differential. What a pita to get that front diff out.

I took the lower a arms off and had new bushings and balljoints put in while they were out.

I don't have a after picture on my phone but I will get one next week. I'm currently sitting in an airport waiting to fly to texas and it needs some tlc as in a bath and body work but I will post a pic once I get home.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and cooper stt