Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Sas Swap Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Actually believe it or not the weight difference is almost nothing , its within 50 lbs , with the 302 . I will have the blazer weighed before I remove the interior . Man skotti I wish you jumped in a few months back when I was trying to decide which axles to get , I was going to get the wagoner axles to , dam it . I'm also helping my Buddie build his truck that has Rockwell's pictures are in my build thread .

Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Lol. i usually only get a chance to surf when im working. doesnt leave me alot of time to reply half the time. when im home, i usually got some project goin on with the blazer.

Tons of ppl run the 30. alot do it successfully. some not so much. you may never have a problem.

ill look at your build i know ive seen the first couple pages.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I am almost certain I will have either Dana 44s or Rockwell's eventually , I run with two jeeps running the Dana 30s and they do tear it up , and have never broke a axle , just the drive shafts . Hopefully I'll get lucky and this will last the year for me , I can only hope at this point .

Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 AM

with mud, might as well skip the 44. go to one tons. 60s and or 14 bolt. then jump to tires over 37s

Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I'm thinking about getting the long arm sas kit and the spring over axle kit and going with dana44's front and rear. Whatcha think?

Long arm

spring over axle

Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
I'm thinking about getting the long arm sas kit and the spring over axle kit and going with dana44's front and rear. Whatcha think?

Long arm

spring over axle

i like it, what other parts would you need to do it this way? curious about the final costs, not including labor

long arm kit - 847
over axle - 74
Dana 44's - 500 ( from what I've seen)

Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 AM

the soa kit is made for stock rearend. wont work for d44. there is plenty of places to find soa for d44. i got mine from Off-Road Fabrication Parts - RuffStuff Specialties ,but it is not listed, have to call. just going leaf over in back may not yield enough lift. so you might have to add blocks or bastard leaf pack. Also be sure which d44. they might be referring to new school d44s from newer jeeps with coil setup on them, which are a helluva lot more pricey then a waggy d44

Steering will be alot more critical with coils!! I havent used that kit, so i dont know what they recommend, so id discuss it with them before buying!!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, it's meant to be used with a newer Jeep front axle.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by skotti
the soa kit is made for stock rearend. wont work for d44. there is plenty of places to find soa for d44. i got mine from Off-Road Fabrication Parts - RuffStuff Specialties ,but it is not listed, have to call. just going leaf over in back may not yield enough lift. so you might have to add blocks or bastard leaf pack. Also be sure which d44. they might be referring to new school d44s from newer jeeps with coil setup on them, which are a helluva lot more pricey then a waggy d44

Steering will be alot more critical with coils!! I havent used that kit, so i dont know what they recommend, so id discuss it with them before buying!!
So how much more expensive do you think the long arm sas kit with newer jeep axles will run vs the standard sas leaf springs in the front with an older axle? I would want to run dana44's front and rear, but I found a dana60 rear for $125 on Craigslist. It's complete too! :/ I'm thinking about it lol.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM

d60 would be full width, probably atleast 7-8 inches wider then a d44 rear, so youd have a ton of tire hangin past fenderwells. ud have to match it with a 60 up front. strong as hell though.

i know very little bout new school d44s. there are several version. rubicon 44s, use same outers as d30 which is there weak spot. there is another version. which is supposed to have a stronger pinion section then all 44s. they have larger brakes. probably force you to a larger rim size. think theyre are 5x5.5. so probably be a better fit getting ford 8.8 with 5x4.5 and getting adapters to match one or the other bolt pattern.

too many variables to figure which is more cost effective.

Quick Reply: Sas Swap Q