Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Set of Interco 33" 12.5 /15 for $150!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road
Default Set of Interco 33" 12.5 /15 for $150!

A friend of mine is selling me a used set of Interco TrXus M/T 33" 12.5 /15 for $150, which is a good price for these tires here in Lebanon compared to new ones, and they're like 80 to 85% new .
I have a 2 doors 1989 S10 Blazer Sport 4WD 4.3L TBI 6Cyl. I'm planing to crank the TB and add 2" shackles, no body lift, and want to keep the stock rims . What will I need to do to fit these Interco? I don't mind trimming and bending things, or even fabricating easy metal sheets stuff for wheel wells or else. I know I'll end-up trimming a lot, but what should I start with after TB and shackles? One more thing; Will I need longer shocks after that 2" lift?

Last edited by 89 Blazer Lebanon; 01-19-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I would try and get a body lift if you can. You can buy the blocks separately if you want to try and piece it out cheaper than a full kit.

Your wheels will probably create issues as well. They may rub the frame and/or swaybar which can't be fixed by trimming. Lower offset wheels would push them away from the car where the only rubbing is on the fender/bumper which is easily cut.

Shocks would be a good idea esp if you'll be going offroad at all. The stock shocks can only extend so far and will stop the suspension from flexing as far as it can

Good luck, that's an awesome deal on the tires

Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Well your going to have to trim a lot of metal. And with stock rims and a 12.50 tire you will probably need spacers to keep from hitting the sway bar or frame which will mean more trimming to the fenders with that it should be doable

Old 01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Your wheels will probably create issues as well. They may rub the frame and/or swaybar which can't be fixed by trimming. Lower offset wheels would push them away from the car where the only rubbing is on the fender/bumper which is easily cut.

Shocks would be a good idea esp if you'll be going offroad at all. The stock shocks can only extend so far and will stop the suspension from flexing as far as it can
"My wheels will probably create issues"?! Do you mean that if I crank the TB my rims will rub on the sway-bar?! Or did you want to say that my tires will rub because of my rims?

Regarding my shocks, yes I want to go offroading! What shocks do you recommend? Is there a stock (OEM) one off another truck or make that I can use? (Tahoe, 2nd gen. Blazer, ZR2, Toyota, Jeep...) It's not easy to find custom shocks here. And if I keep my shocks, how much stretch will I lose when flexing? And is it the same issue for the front and rear?
Thanks for your quick replies guys!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Or you can just send them to me for the same price! Great deal on some great tires!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by nismo_2005
And with stock rims and a 12.50 tire you will probably need spacers to keep from hitting the sway bar or frame
So the problem is with the tire's width, not its height? Or both? And how thick these spacers should be? By the way, the title is wrong. It's 33" 12.5 /15 not 32". Don't know if I can correct/ edit the title.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
Or you can just send them to me for the same price! Great deal on some great tires!
Shipping them from Lebanon to the States will cost more than their price :P

Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 89 Blazer Lebanon
"My wheels will probably create issues"?! Do you mean that if I crank the TB my rims will rub on the sway-bar?! Or did you want to say that my tires will rub because of my rims?
I meant that in the stock position (relative to the truck), a taller tire will move more distance as it turn. If you turn all the way, it (the tire) could rub against the back part of the frame or the front swaybar depending on which direction you've turned.

Wheels with lower offset/backspacing or spacers like Nismo mentioned, will push the wheels position further away from the truck. That way, when you turn the wheel, the tires won't hit the frame. Instead they will hit the outer fender but you can trim the outer fender easily and you can't with the frame

Originally Posted by 89 Blazer Lebanon
So the problem is with the tire's width, not its height? Or both?
Both

I'll fix the title so it says 33"

Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Starting Member

If I buy new tires 33" 10.5 /15, will I need to do the same as for the 12.5 ones? Or will it be enough to crank the TB and change the shackles and trim fenders/ wheel wells?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nismo_2005
Well your going to have to trim a lot of metal. And with stock rims and a 12.50 tire you will probably need spacers to keep from hitting the sway bar or frame which will mean more trimming to the fenders with that it should be doable
not too sure if you do.

i'm just going by what James did in his build, found HERE.

i don't remember seeing him install them anyways.

i'm not a big fan of any BL's, but if it meant i could slip some 33's on my rig, then i'd be up to @ least try it and see.

i had 31's on a couple of my 1st gen trucks-without any t-bar crank or shackles-so you should be able to fit 33's on there with a t-bar tweek, some shackles, and a BL kit.

shouldn't need any more than 2 or 3 inches on the BL.

Quick Reply: Set of Interco 33" 12.5 /15 for $150!