Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Some Blazers rub, some don't, I don't get it

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:02 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2000 4 Door blazer with Soft 8's with stock size tires 235/75/15 and i used to always rub on the top of the fender when I hit a hard bump, Then I found out my suspension wasent anywhere near the ride height stock. So I had measured and I was sagging an inch and a half in the rear and in inch in the front. So I put new leafs in and cranked up the front end and have no problems. I also had to trim the back of the fender a good amount but thats fine. I had also destroyed my old tires from when the tires hit the top of the fender because of the lip it used to chew up the sidewalls and extremely bad. So i made a few relief cuts and rolled them up nicely and it had rubbed once, only because i have no bump stops no and it dident no damagae to anything instead of that innner lip which chewed up the tires it dosent touch that anymore because it rolled up and rounded.

I want to do 31's and i dont want to crank my front end anymore because my CV angles are a little angular already and dont want them getting any worse and cause more wear so i might do a 2" body lift and then i should be able to clear 31's no problem. I orginally was going to crank the tbars and do an add a leaf in the back but rather not kill my front end

Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
so, you'd rather shove the wheel farther out of the wheel well, 'causing more damage?

if you know for a fact that the suspension doesn't compress enough (and i mean 110% sure) then having less back spacing would be fine. but when you said you origionally were rubbing with 2" of lift, that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.
Wheels that make your tires stick out a little bit is probally what hes going to need, unless you use spacers and I dont like them. I did it for the fact of the look of the rims and the clearance from the frame rails. Believe it or not it made the truck also handle 100x better from the wider stance and gave it a lot of stability. If you do wider tires anything more than a 10.5" your going to need a wider rim anyway.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Beginning Member
Supaman is on a distinguished road

i have 12.5s on a 8" rim... def not the best, but it works

Old 08-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Supaman
i have 12.5s on a 8" rim... def not the best, but it works
Yeah, My g/f's brother did that too and they look horrible. Not saying yours is but his is. Our rims come stock 15x7, thats why anything above 10.5 i would go wider

Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
Supaman is on a distinguished road

I don't think it looks bad. I like the bubble look personally.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road

I have a 2 doors 1989 S10 Blazer Sport 4WD 4.3L TBI 6Cyl, with 235/75 R15 tires. What is the maximum size I can fit (looking for higher ones, and don't mind wider ones at the same time)? Don't want to crank the front (maybe half an inch only) and already have the rear a bit high compared to the front and I hate body lifts. Can I fit bigger tires if I trim a lot off fenders in the rear and the front (which I don't mind)?
Sorry for all the details :P

Old 08-22-2010, 11:43 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^You can probley fit 30x9.50 fine, espically in a mud tire. Might squeeze a 31x10.50 on as long as it's not a really agressive tread and you keep the stock rims.

I have a 3 inch body lift, tbars up as far as the bolts will go, either 1.5 or 2 inch add a leafs in the back on my 92. And I still have rubbing in the front pretty good, even after cutting my fender flares. But my truck is an odd ball, not many other people have that problem like I have. Alot of factors can go into what rubs and what doesn't.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Starting Member
Red face

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
^You can probley fit 30x9.50 fine, espically in a mud tire. Might squeeze a 31x10.50 on as long as it's not a really agressive tread and you keep the stock rims.
Thanks for the info, but do you know what's the metric equivalent for these 2 sizes? And what about BFG's KO Tires, which size do you think I can fit as a max?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 89 Blazer Lebanon
Thanks for the info, but do you know what's the metric equivalent for these 2 sizes? And what about BFG's KO Tires, which size do you think I can fit as a max?

well, lets see.................

30 inch diameter...........is 762 mm. 9.50"..............241.3 mm

31's would be.............787.4 mm. 10.50" is........266.7 mm

i'm sure where ever you go to buy your tires from would be able to get you right conversion. or were you looking online for tires?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
well, lets see.................

30 inch diameter...........is 762 mm. 9.50"..............241.3 mm

31's would be.............787.4 mm. 10.50" is........266.7 mm

i'm sure where ever you go to buy your tires from would be able to get you right conversion. or were you looking online for tires?

Thanks for trying to help, but metric tires sizes are not like that. They're like 235/75-15 = 235 width, 75 height, and 15 for rim size
Here in Lebanon we only use metric sizes, but you're right, I should ask a dealer.
Thanks again anyway

Quick Reply: Some Blazers rub, some don't, I don't get it