Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you go 15x10 you'll definitely have to trim. If you go 4.75" backspacing , with stock 15x7 inch wheels (from a 2wd S-series) you'll stick out about 1.25 inches, now ad another 3 inches to that to get your 10" wide wheels. The more you stick the better the chances of you rubbing. I'd stick with 15x8 wheels.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Beginning Member
mikeythebull is on a distinguished road

so with the 15x8s and 32x11.5s what backspacing should i go with?

Last edited by mikeythebull; 02-11-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I was mistaken, the 2wd's came with 15x8's, you should be able to run 15x8's but with extra offset you'll have to lift higher, or go to a smaller tire.

Guys with 31's on 2wd rims (15x8, 4.75" backspace) with a 1.5" crank and 2" Body still rub sometimes. 32's may be pushing it a little bit, if you stuck with your stock rims and went 4" you may be able to clear with a bit of a trim, but when you move the wheel out further it actually travels further when you turn your steering wheel, resulting in a little more contact.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you can get away with 32" tires with 4" of lift as long as you trim your fenders

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
mikeythebull is on a distinguished road

ok thanks for the help

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM
bad4u is on a distinguished road

Ok this seems to be the best thread to post my questions.

Read many of other post, after many a searches, still have yet to find an answer to my delima.

So I bought a nice set of shackle's off one of the guys that sell them on here, and after they sat on the self in the garage for a few months, I finally have free time to go crank the torsion bars and add the shackles.

heres my problem. My 95 lt had major front end sag. Front end sat just above 31.5'' to the fender lip while the rear sat at 33'' even.

I crawled under and was able to turn the driver side bolt 4 complete turns before it bottomed out, on the passenger side i got 4 turns and looks like i can go another 4.

My truck now sits level at 33''. So my shackles will return to the shelf.

I need to know, from some more qualified people, what the best options would be?

1.) new torsion keys to get another inch if possible out of the bars so I can add the shackles and remain even.

2.) torsion bars off a zr2 to get more lift and add the shackles

3.) just leave it and get a 2'' body lift

4.) other ?

the goal is these rims (those are correct at 4.75 bolt pattern right?) and some 31'' tires

I fear without adding the shackles i wont get high enough to clear the 31's

my girl as she sits now...

Attached Thumbnails START HERE - lift kit list-2011-02-02_12-15-22_34.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bad4u
Ok this seems to be the best thread to post my questions.

Read many of other post, after many a searches, still have yet to find an answer to my delima.

So I bought a nice set of shackle's off one of the guys that sell them on here, and after they sat on the self in the garage for a few months, I finally have free time to go crank the torsion bars and add the shackles.

heres my problem. My 95 lt had major front end sag. Front end sat just above 31.5'' to the fender lip while the rear sat at 33'' even.

I crawled under and was able to turn the driver side bolt 4 complete turns before it bottomed out, on the passenger side i got 4 turns and looks like i can go another 4.

My truck now sits level at 33''. So my shackles will return to the shelf.

I need to know, from some more qualified people, what the best options would be?

1.) new torsion keys to get another inch if possible out of the bars so I can add the shackles and remain even.

2.) torsion bars off a zr2 to get more lift and add the shackles

3.) just leave it and get a 2'' body lift

4.) other ?

the goal is these rims (those are correct at 4.75 bolt pattern right?) and some 31'' tires

I fear without adding the shackles i wont get high enough to clear the 31's

my girl as she sits now...
I love your truck

If I were in your position, I would go for the body lift. It would be the easiest on the truck since it isn't changing any suspension or steering angles and it's a full two (or three) inches. It will make the frame even more visible though, which some see as a downside. Stronger or newer tbars would be a good route as well but you never know, the donor truck could have been sagging too and then you'll be right back where you started. Alternatively, if you're comfortable doing some more permanent modifications, you can cut away at the back of the fender to make room for the tires. I used to cringe at the idea of cutting part of the body of my truck but after I did it and realized how simple it is, I've been recommending it more and more.

I never had any problems with my 31's in the back at stock height. I added the shackles just so the rear wasn't lower than the front. Since the wheel is only moving up and down, the clearance in front of, and behind the tire isn't as crucial as it is on the front wheels.

And yes, those wheels will fit. They have lower offset than the stock wheels so they will sit further out than your current ones.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bad4u
all you had to do was tell us you wanted some Soft 8's

probably the most common wheel Blazer owners buy aftermarket.

truck looks pretty good. it's gonna looa even better when you get a BL done, and the wheels installed.

GL with it, lookin' forward to some "after" pic's.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:54 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road
Default Lifted vs Stock

So, I was bored today and found a white stock Blazer in a parking lot at TTU. So, I had to take some comparison pics.

Attached Thumbnails START HERE - lift kit list-0219011526.jpg   START HERE - lift kit list-0219011528.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

LOL i do that all the time too... now you have to find a zr2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list